Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the manual for the mitsubishi forklift we have at work... it is a '91 with a 6g72 61 hp motor in it I was like hey cool same year and same block :D I told my boss and he said they just had the turbos removed :D

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
now you know where to go if you ever need a new block - God forbid and knock on wood

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
I wanna see somebody swap on a TT engine and try running the 1/4 mi :)

You need to put VR-4 emblems on it.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
The Caterpillar GP40 forklift also uses the 6G72 engine and runs on either gasoline or LP gas, but its rated at only 61hp. I had to order one for work. I definitely would have known how to work on it.

Pat

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
Hell I've seen snowmobiles and 4 wheelers running 12's or less at the dragstrip, why not a forklift :D That'd be funny, a forklift with an Apexi AFC and EBC running 10's, with slicks of course :D

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
Mutilator said:

The forklifts here at work already have slicks on em, I guess they're race ready ;)

All the forklifts I've seen have the little 5" rims with little mud tires on them :)

With 61HP, can you do burnouts in that "VR-4"? :D

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
Or muddy bald tires then... Wait a second....

:)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
sorny said:
Hell I've seen snowmobiles and 4 wheelers running 12's or less at the dragstrip, why not a forklift :D That'd be funny, a forklift with an Apexi AFC and EBC running 10's, with slicks of course :D
Too bad they are heavier than our cars

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
how the hell do they only manage 61 HP out of it? i would think it would be hard to get so little power.

·
Registered
678 Posts
prob decent compression for torque, but real low redline

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Might be a stupid question but can you make fork lifts street legal? ;)
Would be pretty damn funny to see a modified fork lift driving down the highway @ 80MPH keeping up with traffic... and if somebody got in your way and was driving too slow just pick em up and put them in another lane :D

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
Mutilator said:
Might be a stupid question but can you make fork lifts street legal? ;)
Would be pretty damn funny to see a modified fork lift driving down the highway @ 80MPH keeping up with traffic... and if somebody got in your way and was driving too slow just pick em up and put them in another lane :D
LOL :D Mental picture :D

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
:D It's funny enough those few times I've been driving about 20mph down a road and a golf cart pulls up next to me (retired persons subdivision thingy) and takes off, but seeing a guy in a forklift casually doing 80MPH... :D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
sorny said:
:D It's funny enough those few times I've been driving about 20mph down a road and a golf cart pulls up next to me (retired persons subdivision thingy) and takes off, but seeing a guy in a forklift casually doing 80MPH... while carrying the golf cart with the retired people in it :D
;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts