Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
AF Medic
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, finally finished compiling the list. By following the instructions, you will have a price shown in ASA when selecting parts.

Steps:
1. Click File, then Setup.
2. Click the tab "Common 2".
3. Set "Price Data Reference" to "External Price Data".
4. Click OK (ASA will reset)
5. Click Data, then "External Price Update"
6. Browse for the file you want to use, and press ok.

At this point it will load the file and reset ASA. You now have prices. If you ever want to switch between "Low Prices", "MSRP", or "Mitsubishi Prices", just follow steps 5-6 and select the other file.

Data Files:
Price Files

Enjoy :bigthumb:

·
Slow Learner
7,084 Posts
That's really awesome dude... got it working.

My question still remains though; Cherry Hill changes their prices often. How will these get updated if not automatically?

·
AF Medic
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there can be two options. One, I run an update script once a month (they even say on their site the prices get updated once a month). Or I can set up a script where if someone runs across an inaccurate price, you can go to a link, type in the part number, and it will update it in my table. I will set a dynamic download link for these files later that will pull and create the file on the spot later.

·
AF Medic
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just checked out Mentor Mitsubishi's site for looking up parts. While I believe Cherry Hill's is a better price. Mentor's can be loaded about 100x faster.

I'll try a test batch later to see if there is just a standard % difference, then I can estimate Cherry Hills prices based off Mentors. It seems they all just take off a certain percentage off the MSRP.

Edit: Cherry Hill takes 28% off MSRP. Unsure about Mentor, I think its like 26 or 27% off (site is down and I gotta run. Going to Eagles game).

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
Cherry Hill is supposed to be -30% and Mentor -25%.

I couldn't get the prices to work on ASA. I chose "low" prices and only $1.00 would display? I looked up a second part and $2.00 displayed. I'm not too hot on computers, so I'll play with it later.

·
AF Medic
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cherry Hill is supposed to be -30% and Mentor -25%.

I couldn't get the prices to work on ASA. I chose "low" prices and only $1.00 would display? I looked up a second part and $2.00 displayed. I'm not too hot on computers, so I'll play with it later.
What part number did you look up?

I just tried extracting the files from the zip and using the low.txt and it still works fine.

As for % off with Cherry Hill and Mentor... as an example,
MB632383:
MRSP: $65.49
Cherry Hill: $47.15 (28% off)
Mentor: $49.12 (25% off)

These price trends show with most parts. Based off this typical price reduction on parts. I will probably just get the MSRP off of Mentor, and reduce the price by 28%. This will allow me to update prices in a matter of 10-20mins instead of the 7-8hours it took me to initially get them.

·
Slow Learner
7,084 Posts
Even if the prices aren't dead on... this will be a HUGE help. I hate going into ASA, getting the part number and then going to cherry hill to get prices... so thanks for doing this.

·
AF Medic
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even if the prices aren't dead on... this will be a HUGE help. I hate going into ASA, getting the part number and then going to cherry hill to get prices... so thanks for doing this.
That is exactly why I did it. Just to get a ballpark idea of what the parts will cost me when looking them up. Some parts you look at and just wonder, crap is this one of those random parts that will cost $300 at the dealer, or is it only like $12.

I'm surprised to see such little response back from this thread honestly. I thought a lot more people would find use out of this. Guess I was wrong. Still glad I have it though.

·
1,609 Posts

I just tried extracting the files from the zip and using the low.txt and it still works fine.

MB632383:

These price trends show with most parts. Based off this typical price reduction on parts. I will probably just get the MSRP off of Mentor, and reduce the price by 28%. This will allow me to update prices in a matter of 10-20mins instead of the 7-8hours it took me to initially get them.
I just tried it again and got it to work. This is AWESOME! :D Thanks for taking the time to do this!

·
1,609 Posts
Just noticed when looking up parts... Some parts show $1.00 as the price, many of these are inaccurate. I will update these prices at a later date.
That's what threw me the first time I tried using it. I picked a couple random parts...shortblock and transaxle....both displayed $1.00 and the total was $2.00. I didn't try looking up any more parts, but I probably had it installed correct the first time. I'm glad you picked up on that! :)

·
AF Medic
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: Fixed prices for anything that costs over $999.99. I had a parsing error for numbers over 999.99 because it added a comma into it. I fixed and updated the files.

Just re-download the Price File (zip) and replace the .txt files.

Then go to "Data", "External Price Update", and if you replaced the file, just press ok.

If you did not replace the file, browse to the new .txt files and select the one you want.

·
AF Medic
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem. It did not get much popularity when I first announced this addition. I just assumed that many users have not installed ASA. Soon enough I will just have an online version of ASA to replace this. It will have more accurate pricing (updated monthly).

This way everyone can have quick and easy access to ASA. Will also have searchable service manuals which will allow you to easily link a page as reference to someone.

All in due time ;)

·
'96 VR4
3,291 Posts
Thanks! This is awesome!

Where did you get the prices, though??

·
'96 VR4
3,291 Posts

MB632383:

OMG... are you copying ALL the PN's from a .csv into the text input block at Mentor, hitting "Return," and then letting the Mentor software generate a list that includes every part on our cars??! ROFL!! I've done that manually, for up to 100 or so parts at once, but I then copied the prices by cutting and pasting from the screen to my Excel file. Is there a better way to extract the prices?

Anyway... the real reason I responded to this is that last spring, I had some issues with CH's pricing on parts. I looked up a couple hundred prices at Mentor, then did the ones I really wanted at CH, and noticed that for many parts... CH had a higher list than Mentor did. This was especially useful when CH had that crappy interface that required you to enter "multiple" PN's one at a time, rather than just pasting your .csv file.

So I called Jeff. He looked into it, called me back the next day and admitted that they had some problems in their data. He fixed it, and I bought the parts from him. But the next time I bought some stuff a few weeks later, I checked again and CH again had some higher prices. So I called... LOL! This was back in April and May. I should have bought in March, Mitsu raised all their prices 3% - 5% last April as far as I could tell.

I think they are straightened out, now, and I saw a couple weeks ago that CH now has a much better interface. And, even though the damm interface still doesn't show you an actual part number, the invoice that comes with the parts does. That helps on big orders, I still wish that CH would show the PN's on your order so you are sure you're getting the right part.

Anyway... just thought I'd throw in that the pricing from the vendors isn't always right or up to date. Still, having at least a rough idea in ASA is very cool... thanks! Keeping the prices up to date, though, may be hard.

·
1,609 Posts
Update: Fixed prices for anything that costs over $999.99. I had a parsing error for numbers over 999.99 because it added a comma into it. I fixed and updated the files.

Just re-download the Price File (zip) and replace the .txt files.

Then go to "Data", "External Price Update", and if you replaced the file, just press ok.

If you did not replace the file, browse to the new .txt files and select the one you want.

Awesome! Thanks!!! Just updated. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts