Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I bought a used car Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo 2.0 The engine is Evo7 stock and running on TD 04 Turbo. Did a few upgrade such blowOFF, Evo7 Cams, Adjustable pulley, stainless steelpiping for intercooler changing from stock that are rubber, change ECU and piggy with new one called MAXXECU Mini, 500cc injectors and BLOX radiator with additional ATF cooler and RB26 exhaust.

Yeah, im so new this turbo World. So I need advise on TD 04 upgrade to TD 05. What are the benefits by upgrade TD 05 and what other things I need to upgrade to compliment this upgrade plans?
Can advise me please. What other stuff I should look into now?

Thank you,
Eric Emir

Malaysia

·
One fix at a time
7,744 Posts
I had never heard of that make and model before but we also never got it in the US. It seems like a slightly detuned Evo7 engine but still a 4G63 based so the aftermarket options should be plentiful as long as you have the room, there aren't major design differences, and so on. I'd have to look at some more pictures.

I also have no idea how much power the motor will take stock before you need upgraded pistons and rods. TD04 options can get you 300-400hp, but there may not be anything that will bolt up or a CHRA that fits into your stock turbine housing.

TD05s are much more plentiful. Besides having options for billet turbos such as 16G, 18G, 20G, 25G, 60-1, and so on you've got some really good options with FP turbos. http://www.forcedperformance.net/dsm-turbochargers.html. It all depends how much power you want to make and how many supporting mods you are willing to do to get there. If at all possible when you get to a higher power level, you should look into a flashed ecu replacement from another vehicle or a standalone engine management system.

If nobody else chimes in I may be able to do a little more research.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts