to my 97 Red VR4. One of theior salesman
backed a car into mine and the front bumper
and headlights are broken. Also, the technican had made few damages to the
driver side door while fixing "rattling"
noise!

The manager agreed to replace the parts
with new one but my friends suggests
that I should ask for some compensation
for the damages? I am not sure about this.

Any advice?

Thanks!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Um... is there any reason why you WOULDN'T get compensated for the damages? It was obviously the fault of the salesman (Mitsubishi) thus they would be required to pay you. Why wouldn't you go with that?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perhaps getting a 3rd party to assess the damage and repair it would be a good idea.. If you have salesmen stupid enough to back into such a beautiful car the dealership isn't worthy to have your car anywhere near the lot...

also you mentioned the mech already damaged your car ? shows they don't have competent people to do work on your car..

if they refuse to pay for the damages.. file the proper legal papers and also call up the local news station and newspaper.. run a smear campaign on them..

anyone hits my car, their head is on a plater.. no cash.. i want their life ended.. 'nuff said

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I'm kind with Alex on using a third party shop. Seeing as since the dealership damaged your car and will want to fix it as cheaply as possible, they might try to fix parts that would normally get replaced if your insurance was paying for it. Moreover, if the damage is minor enough on the parts they're replacing, you may be able to sell those parts here (be sure to ask for them back). Did the accident break the clear part of the headlights and gouge the bumper or are they just scratched up?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
When you say they want to give you replacement parts, you mean including labour right? If they want to just hand you the parts, I wouldn't stand for it. Get an estimate from another dealer / mechanic, and that way you will be prepared should you have to go to the Better Business Bureau. I would also advise my insurance company, since you are not at fault in any way, they could not penalize you. They will probably insist that they do the repairs, to minimize their costs. Might or might not be worth fighting them on.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grab all the evidence you can.. names, photos, witnesses.. everything.. document it and have others certify that what you have is correct.. also take shots of the car..

just incase this turns bad.. you'll need all this evidence for the courts and the media..

[This message has been edited by Alex Lee (edited December 13, 1999).]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
were the police informed ?? if not get an officer there immediately!! you need someone to testify in court that isn't biased to you or the dealer.. also it'll useful when you talk to the insurance companies..

[This message has been edited by Alex Lee (edited December 13, 1999).]

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The manager agreed to replace the
damaged parts.

But I am not sure about what kinda compensation I should ask them.

Since I didnt want to leave the car with
them, I have brought it home, washed it and
garaged it.

Tomorrow, as a first thing in the morning
I am gonna leave the car with them and get
something in writing.

Right now, I have their words only nothing
in writing.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They said they wouldnt charge me for labor or anything.

The technican had made few scratches on the
door panel and I dont really like the sound
when I close the door.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
other damages:

front bumber has hole (3 or 4 inches wide) on it!

driver headlights has few scratches

I get loud hissing sound when on the road
from driver side window

couldnt close driver side window properly.
something blocks it.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the all advice.

anyway, How would I know that they are gonna
replace the parts with used one?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alex:

This happenened on Friday. Is it too
late to call the police? Even after
they agreed to repair the damanges?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my friend suggested to me that I should atleast ask for 30K tuneup credit which
may be worth 800 bucks.

Now, it has 23K on it.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure what you can get in terms of compensation.. there's really no disability to you.. mind you.. i'd probably need pscyhiatric treatment but that's just me

"hit my car will you!! I'll kill you.. you and your family!! hell even your dog!! what your dog dead ?? fine I'll dig it up and descrate its remains!! mwwahahahah..."
SLAP!!.. okay reality just came back..

umm at best you get a rental car of out and all damages repaired.. maybe some curtesy stuff, oil change.. free check up... I doubt you'll get the 30K tune up...

its kind of late to call the cops.. i don't think they will do much.. mind you asking a legal consultant maybe able to advise you on this..
were you present during the accident ?? when did you find out about the accident ?? You might be able to lay a hit run thing on them or failure to report to police.. hmm i can't remember but I thought there was a law (in ontario, canada) about damages being over a certain amount you must call the police..
though you did drive the car away.. this complicates matters... check a driving manual asap and see if this law is listed in the accident section...

i'll put more as i can dig it up..

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but when i take my car into any shop i expect it to be just as good or better when they are done. but maybe that is just wishful thinking.
BTW, i can make all your problems go away for a small fee.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Kcalvano what you work as a Hitman now?.:p I am just curious to know in how you can make KmKumar's problem go away for a fee. And I am realy sorry hearing about that Kumar. I say make em A$$holes pay and check each and everything top to bottom to make sure everything is in perfect condition. Good Luck

Raja
94 Yellow Vr4

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will update you guys after I talk to
them again.

I am worried about the scratches the mechanic
made. It would require paint job which I dont
like.

My car's exterior is still perfect until now.

mofo's gonna pay for that.

If I dont get my car in perfect condition,
I am gonna put my experience with them
on Internet and I'll write to local news
also. whatever I can to screw them.

just apologies and repair work wont do because this is 3rd time I left the car
with them for same work and still they couldnt get right instead they made it worse.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how bad are the scratches ???

before I got my car the owner repainted the front bumper.. had peeling on it.. did for free too.. nice guy.. should have had him do the 100K.. might have saved me some doe for the problems I had soon after buying it..

but if they repaint the door the color may seem a little different than the other paint.. though if the paint has been well protected (paint sealant & lots of wax/polish) you can't see a real difference (have a 94 don't see a big difference from the bumper and the rest of the car).. maybe go for the repaint.. though goto a pro shop to do it!! hmm wonder if the pro-paint shop actually did a little color matching..

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its on driver side door panel and its
highly visible. each scratch couple
of inches long..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts