Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Drives a Twin Turbo Tank
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looks nice fitment blows... had to cut the lower grommets down on the inside for me to shut my hood... had to cut my radiator brackets down and swap sides and turn them 180* or it pulled forward and rubbed the damn ac stud for 2nd gen. if anybody goes threw this you can email me for support and pat on the back... i bought this cause it was supposed to be stock fitment i'm raising the white flag for b/s. fitment is worse than koyo..
also the top neck was welded aiming more towards the driver side making it a PITA to install ips polished coolant pipes but it looks good when you finish..

[email protected]

IMO it still a good deal half the price of koyo and lil modification is alright. just had to pull all my shit back out to get to the grommets...

FYI i have the Deft Racing 575 hood that may have been the issue on the hood closing but idk the radiator sits up kind of high.

·
Registered
9 Posts
XtremNiteCrawlr, I'm sorry that you had a problem with the installation. Can you e-mail me with some more information on the fitment issues, along with some detailed pictures? We personally installed this in radiator in a test car and had no problems.

e-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
looks nice fitment blows

IMO it still a good deal half the price of koyo and lil modification is alright. just had to pull all my shit back out to get to the grommets...
[/IMG]
Thanks for the write-up and info. I haven't heard any complaints as far as difficulty with install but everyone's car and experience is different. Thanks for the post and glad even though it was more work to install than you had planned it is working out for you.
Jeff

·
Drives a Twin Turbo Tank
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Andrew,
I got my intake pipes and T-bolt clamps from Jeff yesterday I'll try and get some pictures for you when i install the intake pipes.

On another note:
Thanks Jeff, when I opened up the box and saw everything in the box I wanted to clock out and go put it on. It was only an hour early... I have a boost leaks from hell. I normally get 400 miles to a tank I might get 300 on this one I keep blowing clamps off.. DN needs to include High torque load worm clamps at least.. Not these cheap ass reg ole worm clamps I'm blowing pipes off at 14lbs???? The clamps don't tighten up like they need too?? I can tighten the clamps up as tight as they will go before it strips and I can grab a pipe and spin it???? T-bolts hopefully eliminate this stupid problem.. Now I have to change spark plugs AGAIN after I fix these boost leaks!!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just installed this radiator today and just as the op said, "fitment blows". You will have to cut your brackets in order for this to fit properly. But other than that it does it job and keeps temps where they are supposed to be, even with a front mount intercooler.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Thanks for the write up! I was in panic mode for a bit till I got the dremel out and started whacking away at the rubber and steel on the brackets that needed it. Seems like a good product otherwise. Do not be afraid of grinding the rubber and steel down on bottom brackets as OP stated. In addition I needed to grind the holes to a slot shape on BB to get the radiator to look "square" in place.

I did not see a need to reverse and 180* the upper brackets - the ac condensor bolt on DS is tight however.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I saw a thread where someone said that Mishimoto fixed the fitment issues... WRONG. I just bought and installed one of these yesterday. As mentioned here, it sits too high and the bottom grommets must be ground down. A drill with an auger bit made quick work of this.

·
Elevate
1,120 Posts
I saw a thread where someone said that Mishimoto fixed the fitment issues... WRONG. I just bought and installed one of these yesterday. As mentioned here, it sits too high and the bottom grommets must be ground down. A drill with an auger bit made quick work of this.
which vendor did you buy from? you may have bought an old stock item

·
Registered
102 Posts
Got it off Amazon. Is there seriously a revised model that actually drops right in as advertised? If so, I'd be interested to compare the serial number or packaging with someone so others could tell the difference...

·
Money pit owner.
2,544 Posts
My mishimoto lined up on the bottom mounts but not the upper mounts, even the 3sx brackets didn't line up. I had bought it used from aaron and it eventually started leaking after rubbing against the air conditioning lines in front of the radiator (my own fault for not being careful when installing/removing).
I switched to an uber cheap ebay model and the bottom mounts didn't line up and the top mounts were off just like the mishimoto.
So my guess is no larger aftermarket aluminum radiator that is true drop in using stock mounts/brackets.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
for just a little more than the mishimoto you can get the 3sx radiator that at least comes with upper mounts that work without having to modify them.

·
Elevate
1,120 Posts
Got it off Amazon. Is there seriously a revised model that actually drops right in as advertised? If so, I'd be interested to compare the serial number or packaging with someone so others could tell the difference...
I haven't installed mine yet, but I will get around to doing so when my engine gets put back in, hopefully within the next month or so. If it drops in i'll update this thread with the serial number

1 - 14 of 14 Posts