Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
under $3k, FWD, reliable, safe, working... anyone point me in the right direction? Looks like I won't be able to find a good AWD talon in time so I need some other options to get me through the winter alive.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Kinda funny that you guys that live up north who actually have winters are asking about FWD guys... while the morons down here think it's best to have a nice 4x4 Land Yacht for our 1 snow/ice storm a year. Guess who's always stuck in ditches on the side of the road down here? Soccer Mom in her SUV that thought she could go the speed limit on the way to the grocery store to get milk and bread. :p

Wonder how my GT will do this year... havn't had it in any winter weather yet.
Only help I can give you is www.autotrader.com ;)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a Blazer 4x4 for last winter... they are good enough so long as you don't have to turn/stop.

Let's see... weight + high center of gravity + slippery + fast + moron driver = you don't make it to next winter. They never learn. :rolleyes:

·
You break em, we fix em
1,266 Posts
Hey Jay check completed auctions on Ebay there was just ended a Talon in Green Bay with a little body damage but in good mechanical shape for $1800, and he didn't get a bid. He may be willing to sell it cheap. I find this is a good tactic - wait until they don't get what their asking, then swoop in for the kill! Keep me in mind for a finder's fee if it works out!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moparjim said:
Hey Jay check completed auctions on Ebay there was just ended a Talon in Green Bay with a little body damage but in good mechanical shape for $1800, and he didn't get a bid. He may be willing to sell it cheap. I find this is a good tactic - wait until they don't get what their asking, then swoop in for the kill! Keep me in mind for a finder's fee if it works out!
Thanks Jim, I'm on my way there now... don't worry, if it works out I'll have a 6 pack of Leinie's for you :D

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
moparjim

Jim - can you Private Message (my email is busted it seems) a link to that Talon? I just did several extensive searches of completed items on ebay and found no talons in Green Bay... I'm still looking though.

·
Registered
376 Posts
BUY MY ACCLAIM 1,000 OBO!!!! 69k MILES 3.0L V6 POWER at least it's the same engine as the 3/S car. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts