Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
New to the group and the car. As I am not that mechanically oriented and don't have the time, I need some basic work done on my VR4 Spyder (timing belt, water pump, tune up...). I am located in Southern California in Agoura Hills/Oak Park, just outside the San Fernando Valley/Los Angeles. If anyone has had good luck with a mechanic that knows the car (and has reasonable prices), I would appreciate the info.

I just sold a car (not a 3000) on which I had major work performed and it was a nightmare...even thought the mechanic was highly recommended.

Any help appreciated. My direct email address is [email protected]
Thanks
Tyrone

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hello,
New to the group and the car. As I am not that mechanically oriented and don't have the time, I need some basic work done on my VR4 Spyder (timing belt, water pump, tune up...). I am located in Southern California in Agoura Hills/Oak Park, just outside the San Fernando Valley/Los Angeles. If anyone has had good luck with a mechanic that knows the car (and has reasonable prices), I would appreciate the info.

I just sold a car (not a 3000) on which I had major work performed and it was a nightmare...even thought the mechanic was highly recommended.

Any help appreciated. My direct email address is [email protected]
Thanks
Tyrone
Theres a shop called FSR in socal, and the owners in socal3s I think. Ask on socal3s.com, I don't know much about them.

·
Dog Is My Co-Pilot
4,082 Posts
Oooooo, VR-4 Spyder? Post some pics on www.socal3s.com! :welcome:

Derek (Quick VR-4) should be able to help you out. :cool:

There is also Chai in Van Nuys:

C&A Automotive
14122 Vanowen St
Van Nuys, CA 91405
(818) 901-9757

·
Registered
28 Posts
FSR= forward support rep. civilians that work on vehicles thats what we call them in the military. im from azusa but the car is in bloomington but in im iraq :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: Mechanic Referral-So. Cal

Hey I got to school in Azusa! Hit us up when you get back!

Where are all of you so cal guys at, I just moved to Studio City :)
Get on socal3s.com You can see meets, races, etc there.

FSR...lol. I can do it for you. I live in westlake village. I have a shop in Valencia. Let me know.
:spam1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's been a while since the latest posts. I'm looking for a repair shop in the West Covina area. Anyone have any recommendations?

·
?Mark
16,612 Posts
C&A , Chai in Van Nuys is the best he knows these cars since the beginning
and is very affordable.

·
Registered
622 Posts
and is very affordable.
Yes, literally two threads going on at the same time about this, and another one within the past week or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
and is very affordable.
Thanks you! Sorry for the redundant thread. Any chance there is something closer... Between Pasadena and Ontario? North of OC?

·
?Mark
16,612 Posts
Thanks you! Sorry for the redundant thread. Any chance there is something closer... Between Pasadena and Ontario? North of OC?
not that i know off sorry.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Trust me, its worth the short drive. Or, if you have AAA, just get the car towed there. Ive done that numerous times, just make sure you talk to him ahead of time to make sure he has the space/time. Once he does, you can just put any parts you want in the car, leave a list of what you want him to do with your contact info, and get the car towed there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trust me, its worth the short drive. Or, if you have AAA, just get the car towed there. Ive done that numerous times, just make sure you talk to him ahead of time to make sure he has the space/time. Once he does, you can just put any parts you want in the car, leave a list of what you want him to do with your contact info, and get the car towed there.
Good point and advice. I appreciate it guys. Thank you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts