Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
og
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i was at maple grove raceway saturday and it was a great day, my lady *was there* :D for the first time, nice n cool and got some great races. well as i am moving down the line for my 3rd race, i spot a viper come rolling in, first time i ever saw one at maple grove. i thought that was pretty cool but now it was time to line up so i ran my race, got my slip, pulled back into line and shut down, popped the hood and went back to the stands to hang out with my girl until my next race. i get over there and tell her about the viper, wondering out loud if it was gonna be racing or was just there for show. well we yammered for perhaps a half-hour and then i saw the lane before mine start to move so i gave her a quick kiss and headed on over to my car. walking up the lane i saw the blue and white... right behind me... i was like "oh man, i'm gonna race that viper!" i looked at it, still had the registration tag in the rear window and it was a gts. well, cut to the line-up, we lined up and i TOOK HIM off the line... and then i saw tail lights the rest of the trip :D anyway, i ran a 14.777, he ran a [email protected] faster than me. i got back to the stands and p said she saw me come out and then the viper and was like "oh man, sucks for mike". i told her it was all good i always wanted to race a viper altho i knew there was no chance of victory. she said after the first coupla feet it looked like i was just taking my good ol' time getting down the track. we laughed about it, anyway i wanted to share. safe travels everybody, good luck!

- mike

p.s. also ran the best time i've ever done, [email protected], faster every time!

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
haha, oh well can't expect to win that race. Thats a sweet time though with the mods you have. You must be a nice driver, and i guess that explains why you took him off the launch. :D

·
og
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i'll attribute it to him JUST having bought the car altho i have been working on my launch. go the light BEFORE the green :D

- mike

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
hey chansigril, where are you from in PA?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
At least you got one. This was my summer of close calls because I nearly got to race multiple vipers but never worked out. I know I would lose but I just really want to try one. Sounds like fun though.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
"my lady came for the first time" - I am not even going to touch this one :D

Good job at the track Mike ;)

·
I Want Twin Turbos Too!
1,600 Posts
Well if that guy had just bought the Viper, he did a hell of a time driving it. Vipers are good for low 12's, and since he nailed that, I wonder with some break-in and more seat time if he will hit 11's stock!? Nice runs too!:)

·
og
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks fellas, it was pretty cool all around.

firestorm, i'm from right outside of king of prussia, i live in a town called royersford. how 'bout yourself? are ya thinking about coming to the gathering?

shawn, thanks for making me change my story man... i appreciate you not going there tho, gotta admit i saw it and chuckled ;) hadta change it tho, can't have everybody misinformed... :D how does that song start, "a long long time ago..." ;) ya know, we've been dating for about 3.5 years now? wow, i'm a lucky fella :) btw, i saw some stuff on another post about a 2002 altima!? wtf is that all about?

well safe travels everybody.

- mike

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Great Run man..especially getting him off the line. HEHE :p . But nonetheless you had a great 1/4 time man. Congrats on the new record.;)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yeah, it's true. That little car moves my friend. 0-60 in 6.3 seconds, probably running the 1/4 better then most of our cars. I actually just had a baby and am tired of keeping my car up to speed, trying to make it fast, but only running a 15.9......man that sucks! I need a bigger car and one that is quicker. Trust me, I hat giving up the GT, but I think I just may have too

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
ShawnE94sL said:
Yeah, it's true. That little car moves my friend. 0-60 in 6.3 seconds, probably running the 1/4 better then most of our cars. I actually just had a baby and am tired of keeping my car up to speed, trying to make it fast, but only running a 15.9......man that sucks! I need a bigger car and one that is quicker. Trust me, I hat giving up the GT, but I think I just may have too
You Trader..HEHE. :p j/k

·
og
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well first off congrats on the new kid shawn! i want to make sure i heard you tho, you are saying the altima will run a better quarter mile than most of our dohc na? what kind of hp and or weight figures is it throwing around? i'm assuming they are available in a 5 spd? you'll hafta keep us posted, we'll def miss ya around here tho! say, it's not the little woman's input that says the car has got ta go, is it? ah well, good luck with whatever ya do, hopefully you're still planning on coming to the kop gathering. safe travels bro.

- mike

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes, it is quicker then the NA 3000GT's. Beleive it or not, it's almost as quick as a stock VR4. The V6 3.5 puts out 240hp, 246lb ft of torque. The car weighs about 3250. It does 0-60 in 6.28 and the 1/4 mile time was 14.4 in a 5 speed manual. It's about 24,500 with some options, sun roof, spoiler, stuff like that.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
chansigril...i'm from york, pa. About the gathering, is it the weekend after thanksgiving? If so i plan to come up and check it out and meet some people. I'm new to the board and just bought my car a month ago so would like to meet some of the 3S guys.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm goin to be gettin a new car this summer also. It's either goin to be (rankings): #1. 93 300ZX Twin Turbo #2. 93 or luckily a 94 VR-4 #3. MKIV N/A Supra or #4. 95-98 Trans Am. Hopefully I'll find someone who will buy my car. I already talked to a few of my friends around here and they said they're interested (they maybe lying). I'll miss my 3kgt but I'm just ready for something else that's faster.

Luke

1 - 16 of 16 Posts