Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hokuto Shin-Ken Successor
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was the first race between me and the vette after doing bpu mods

It started from a stop light, light turns green and I go slowly and see some tiny lights behind me trying to pass me I was on 3rd gear doing 50mph I turn up the boost to 11psi and punch it and wooow a C5 we were all the way together till 100mph until some idiot came out of nowhere infront of the vette then he slowed down and I also slowed down, I wanted to go for it again but this time @14psi unfortunately the vette driver took a u turn and disappeared :( damn I miss my 357 !!! The Cool part was when he tried to pass me but once the turbos spooled up the guy on the passenger side was looking at me :eek: NO WAY he's gaining on us hehe :cool:

Mods:
Stock 13g
Blitz DSBC
Blitz TT
K&N Intake
Magnecore
HKS Super DR
ATR DP
UD/Pulley + Belt

·
3si member #1623
1,976 Posts
you were only at 11psi?, in 3rd gear, going 50? I thought in a situation like that, a C5 would acclerate a little faster :confused:
Good run though...I bet the Vette owner was pissed :D

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
My stock '96 Stealth vs C5 at the track: VIDEO

I know the result would have been different from a roll, but hey, we can hang. Despite numerous attempts, the Vette couldn't better my times at the track that day.

·
3si member #1623
1,976 Posts
Dang! :eek: That was tight!....nice video/race! Did he catch you at the end? At what speed?

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Damn Joe....stock? Geez. How much horsepower do C5s pack stock? I wonder how many mods it'd take to be able to run against one in a base 3000GT.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Dang! That was tight!....nice video/race! Did he catch you at the end? At what speed?
"I SEEN HIM"-half baked. i thought the vid had audio to go along with it and they announce the times at the end. anyhow, i believe the vette turned a [email protected]:eek: to joe's [email protected] btw, nice launch Joe.

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
C5's have 345 Horse stock. It would take nothing short of a blower to run w/ a C5 with a non-turbo stealth.

Mustang,

·
Hokuto Shin-Ken Successor
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup I had the same feelings that it would walk away, but the situation ain't equal sometimes :cool:

DjMonnie said:
you were only at 11psi?, in 3rd gear, going 50? I thought in a situation like that, a C5 would acclerate a little faster :confused:
Good run though...I bet the Vette owner was pissed :D

·
Jack Stand Driver
978 Posts
You did well my friend...wish I could see the look on their faces!!
good job!:D

·
Registered
856 Posts
mustangfanatic0 said:
C5's have 345 Horse stock. It would take nothing short of a blower to run w/ a C5 with a non-turbo stealth.

Mustang,
You might want to tell that to Hollywood Garrett. He's running a 250shot in a 3000GT SL (non-turbo).

.jon

·
Registered
121 Posts
mustangfanatic0 said:

Mustang,
And a prayer....c'mon. 13.4s, he must have the A4 with 2.73 gears in there or something.

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
Good call Red C5 :) But don't think you guys are untouchable. I killed a 2000 (well not killed, but won at least) C5 from 0 to 80 in my Mustang. I attribute the entire win to him not knowing how to launch and having an automatic :)

Mustang,

·
Registered
121 Posts
mustangfanatic0 said:
Good call Red C5 :) But don't think you guys are untouchable. I killed a 2000 (well not killed, but won at least) C5 from 0 to 80 in my Mustang. I attribute the entire win to him not knowing how to launch and having an automatic :)

Mustang,
Oh, I never would say that we are untouchable, but I'd also never lose to your Mustang ;)

Just a little friendly ball busting...

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
RED C5 said:

Oh, I never would say that we are untouchable, but I'd also never lose to your Mustang ;)

Just a little friendly ball busting...
Althought it wouldn't be expected by anybody...anything is possible when it comes to racing especially with manual trannys ;)

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
Yeah, my Mustang would look like an RC car next to your vette. 3000 torque converter... How does that exhaust sound? I like your mods, nice touch man. What do you run? I barely touch 13's...:(

Mustang

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
RED C5 said:

And a prayer....c'mon. 13.4s, he must have the A4 with 2.73 gears in there or something.
Actually, the Vette was a '98 six speed, I don't think an auto would be trapping at 111mph. It was a friend of mine who know's how to get the most out of his car, the track was simply too slippery for him to launch hard. He used to run 13.5s with a bone stock '94 six speed (LT1 C4). He ran a couple 13.2s with the C5 that day but didn't beat my times (13.08 & 13.12 in stock form).

As already mentioned, the outcome would have been different from a roll.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Joe G:

Damn dude you ran a 13.08 bone stock :eek: :eek: thats crazy. I know the 96 RT/TT are special but i didn't think that they could run low 13's stock. Well you must be a real good drive to put up those times, so nice kill. And that video of you and the C5 was sweet, but it looked like he was catching you at the end.

·
Registered
121 Posts
May be a little off the subject but The '96 LT4 in the Grand Sport and the rest of the '96 Vettes is a STRONG engine!!

Went to my local cruise-in Sunday and one of these guys in my Corvette Club (also the same guy that I use for his garage)has a 96 Vert with the LT4 330HP motor was there. He was telling his buddies how he could take my C5. They all were laughing at him and busting his balls so we decided to race on this strip of two way road. Its always vacant and it goes for 3 miles or so. His is a 6-speed with a custom exhaust. We raced a bunch of times. He had one of the pro drivers drive his car instead of him and this guy was good. He had half a car on me up till 75 or so every time and then my top end destroyed him. No matter at what speed this was the case every time. We both were pretty surprised at the outcome. I didn't think that it would be that close. He tells me the car runs 13 flat in the 1/4 and I've seen his timeslips.

I haven't raced the car in a while but with the Powerloader and intake I was running 13s flat. With the gear change and the Torque Converter I know its good for atleast .5 tenths. The LT4 at 330HP was the best of the best for the C4 as it was the last of the generation. It was perfected after 12 years of the C4 84-96. At 330HP it was WAY UNDERRATED because Chevy was already producing the C5 and they couldn't have them both rated at 345HPs

Now the guy has to look at my car in his garage all winter and have to sulk and wait until next spring to get another crack at me...ha I said crack.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts