Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through this Mustang magazine last night and it was talking about 25 ultra cheap mods to get you mustang into the 12's yadda yadda yadda.

One of the mods was a lightened front sway bar. They called it an anti-roll bar.

What it's supposed to do is allow more of the weight of the car to transfer to the rear upon launching due to it's lighter weight.

Would this really make an improvement and what kind of option would a FWD car have for something like that?

·
Registered
703 Posts
also...

dude our sway bars are like 3/8 inch big in diameter i do believe, sounds pretty weak if you ask me...so how much lighter can we get them...racin ni reverse? LMAO....but stll any weight we can loose is a deffinet plus....i mean face it, our cars are lard asses...

~Michael

·
Proud 3000GT Driver
3,221 Posts
aside from setting our suspension up like slammed to the ground in the front wheels, and two feet up on the back wheels, there is no way to halter physics from shifting the weight forward...even if you lighten things a lot up front, that weight will still move. orrrrrr, you could stick a pole into the ground behind the car, and when the weight transfers to the rear, the pole would keep the car from being unbalanced, and thus keep the front wheels tractionful. :) i dunno, i'm just coming up with stupid ideas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts