Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everybody,

I am not new as a reader but a new writer. :)

I own a 94 vr4 with blitz DSBC DC. Gutted Pre-cats. Test Pipe. ERL water injection. K&N induction kit. NGK 8mm Plug wires and new plugs re gapped to 0.032.

The gasoline rate is 95 Octane in our country.

What is the peek boost I can use with the 9b Turbos. Can I use 17 PSI peek and 15 PSI continuous. I also have the intercooler water spray installed and both WI and WS start working at 12 PSI boost.

Also I am curious if the DP is really helpfull. Reading some posts I think it is but reading the dyno tests at some sites it seems it has no effect.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
With your mods you could run 17psi peak on the stock 9bs but they will not hold anything past 15psi so anything higher will only give a small gain as it will only be a spike. But it will be a little faster and you should be okay.

·
Registered
580 Posts
use the search button to your top right
it'll save you time this has been discussed 40 million times.
but nyhoo you cant hit shit with the 9bs cuz after 15 psi the're just forcing hot air... people can spike higher boost but it also causes engine knock(predetonation=engine go bye bye)
im sure if you polished them it might help you abit but most of us wont get any higher than 15, especially cuz our stock fuel system well just plain sucks...

·
Registered
580 Posts
but yeah things like propane injestion and alcohol injection help but with the fuel system adn just the plain small sixe of the turbos your very limited...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.