Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You dont have to remove anything sept for a couple of screws to pull back .... just enough to tuck the wires ..... gonna be pulling my head liner out eventually to get redone been looking at some designs is raised crushed velvet red and black of course but that's a lil while from now

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I did however pull the passenger pillar molding completely out everything else can stay ....
you could pull the glove box out I just layed my over with retaining pieces removed so it can fold down towards floorboard .... depends on which way you wanna run your wires really... either side

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The rear facing trunk panel will also have to come out as well .... below the passenger rear brake light inside of cars trunk .... will be a rubber grommet with attached wires going thru it for tag lights... I ran my rear camera wire thru the grommet next to the existing wire harness... using my 150 foot pipe tape to aid in feeding wires back thru...... only need bout 2 foot so a coat hanger will do just fine (from tag light back thru trunk) hook up back up light to the reverse light POS.... either one doesnt matter ... this way when you shift to reverse the back up cam will come on automatically and show you proximity lines ... had to play with this a bit cause it in deed shows 2 different camera angles .... as I'll show in pics
Regular rear camera shows to be clear and very good quality...
Shifting to reverse gives it a bit of a fish eye look and camera is at a different angle facing upwards then down so I fine tuned it a bit ... and I'll roll with it for now
(Not to impressed to be honest)

Using it as a regular rear view mirror... it very clear plus plus

Touching the frame and turning on the rear camera ... stupid clear love it .... same with front...

Shifting to reverse note I had to go back to the rear camera and point it downwards manually (because proximity lines where in the air).... then I switch back to the regular rear camera and raise it up thru settings to give me the perfect angle I wanted .... now with the red proximity mark's standing behind the car moving my foot closer to the car just as my foot goes completely out of sight I'm still 2 foot away from my car if this make sense to ya ...

· Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Great installation !! The rear view looks fantastic.
Been selling mirrors for almost 20 years though questioning life cycle.

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Love the cameras front and rear get tremendous glare at night not good for night time driving .... during the day works really well .... when viewing your recorded drives .... in 5 minute... max timed increments (does make it easier for search vid purposes)....but is very sad at least max it out at 20mins then blast this message across the screen that's its saving footage every 5mins..... stretched view when played back and very poor sound quality its garbage .... the veiws thru camera during the day is really nice .... night time driving clarity in live view
Front or rear camera is garbage .... glare is horrible .... better get a pole and attach it 10 feet above your car facing downwards
If someone is about 30 feet .....driving up behind you with lights on of course the entire mirror screen turns pale white with 2 lights dead center ....
Best just to turn the mirror off completly for night driving it will keep recording
For dash cam purposes ....it fails horribly for night driving for me
Poor Sound quality playback thru the mirror speaker ..... its total crap
I haven't pulled the SD card out yet ......to play thru a different device to say weather or not on that
I shouldn't have to
Do your research on which ever one you may go with if anyone else might think of doing a rear view mirror back up cam dash cam

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sounds and looks better with the sd card pulled and installed in another device for viewing
Played thru iTunes on computer in order to hear sound
Still bad glare at night
Front camera is more focused on the bug guts on windshield
(Needs to be really clean)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.