Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
The dark shall be with us
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
I know. I can't believe how fat time flies. With this coronavirus thing going on, I don't even know if we can close the deal on the house yet.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I know. I can't believe how fat time flies. With this coronavirus thing going on, I don't even know if we can close the deal on the house yet.
Well interest rates have been slashed which will work well for you.

·
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
I decided to upgrade my pistons to diamond pistons. I asked them to make them to handle 350hp per cylinder and I added side gas port too. Pyramid rings also arrived from U.K. Now I'm waiting for my other machinist to finish my bracket for the crank sensor so I can get it mounted. Hopefully by then I'll be sending the block to machine shop.
I'm also selling my other CP pistons. They are 9:1 compression and for a hair over stock bore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
We’ve actually made 350 a hole with those slugs. Same design just vertical ports.

They hold up great and don’t beat the cylinders up bad. When you make real power a full round piston like those works best.

What pins did you get? We use the trend pins that are .250” wall.

Also, I hope you didn’t let them “up sell” you their “top” ring pack. We use the gas nitrided moly faced rings with a custom cylinder finish. We blow less into the can than anyone else running the power we are.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,234 Posts
Good to see your post Donnie. As always, informative.

Marshall

·
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
We’ve actually made 350 a hole with those slugs. Same design just vertical ports.

They hold up great and don’t beat the cylinders up bad. When you make real power a full round piston like those works best.

What pins did you get? We use the trend pins that are .250” wall.

Also, I hope you didn’t let them “up sell” you their “top” ring pack. We use the gas nitrided moly faced rings with a custom cylinder finish. We blow less into the can than anyone else running the power we are.
I went with their H13 pins. The wall is pretty thick. I think they set it up for the power goals I have. I just asked them for gapless rings. No idea what material they used. It's total seal racing rings. They sure weren't cheap though. Lol

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Exact same as my pistons and rings copy cat ! Lol looks beautiful.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,234 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
That’s pretty wild! What did you set the pickup clearance to bottom of pan at?

·
Registered
Mitsubishi's
164 Posts
Great build! That pan is nice. Might consider throwing some more/bigger holes in the top of your tray though. Want that oil to return quickly and not get caught up in the rotational assembly.

·
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Great build! That pan is nice. Might consider throwing some more/bigger holes in the top of your tray though. Want that oil to return quickly and not get caught up in the rotational assembly.
I don't think the engine uses that much oil. I looked at other racing oil pans and they had about the same size holes.
That’s pretty wild! What did you set the pickup clearance to bottom of pan at?
The pick-up comes with its own bracket for clearance.

·
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 · (Edited)
Had to do some modifications on the injectors to be able to mount the rails while the manifold is installed. Have to make some new brackets for the rails. Bought a bunch of wires and such to rewire the engine harness.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
I dig it. Not too late to do two per cylinder and run methanol :D

·
7,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
That's awesome! Perhaps I missed it, but how much did the pan effect your ground clearance?
oil pan height is the same as the factory pan.
I dig it. Not too late to do two per cylinder and run methanol :D
That's too many for my use. And I'll have to CNC a set of custom fuel rails for that. The regular fuel rails won't fit in that spot unless I do the same thing as Brian did. I got lucky to find these Cosworth fuel rail. they barely fit.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,234 Posts
oil pan height is the same as the factory pan.

That's too many for my use. And I'll have to CNC a set of custom fuel rails for that. The regular fuel rails won't fit in that spot unless I do the same thing as Brian did. I got lucky to find these Cosworth fuel rail. they barely fit.
That's awesome! Perhaps I missed it, but how much did the pan effect your ground clearance?
The width of the pan is where you pick up the additional oil capacity. As long as the oil drain plug is in a convent spot you are good to go. That is nice looking work.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,234 Posts
Convenient not convent. Darn iPhone.

161 - 180 of 182 Posts