Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
The dark shall be with us
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I know. I can't believe how fat time flies. With this coronavirus thing going on, I don't even know if we can close the deal on the house yet.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I know. I can't believe how fat time flies. With this coronavirus thing going on, I don't even know if we can close the deal on the house yet.
Well interest rates have been slashed which will work well for you.

·
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
I decided to upgrade my pistons to diamond pistons. I asked them to make them to handle 350hp per cylinder and I added side gas port too. Pyramid rings also arrived from U.K. Now I'm waiting for my other machinist to finish my bracket for the crank sensor so I can get it mounted. Hopefully by then I'll be sending the block to machine shop.
I'm also selling my other CP pistons. They are 9:1 compression and for a hair over stock bore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
We’ve actually made 350 a hole with those slugs. Same design just vertical ports.

They hold up great and don’t beat the cylinders up bad. When you make real power a full round piston like those works best.

What pins did you get? We use the trend pins that are .250” wall.

Also, I hope you didn’t let them “up sell” you their “top” ring pack. We use the gas nitrided moly faced rings with a custom cylinder finish. We blow less into the can than anyone else running the power we are.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,124 Posts
Good to see your post Donnie. As always, informative.

Marshall

·
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
We’ve actually made 350 a hole with those slugs. Same design just vertical ports.

They hold up great and don’t beat the cylinders up bad. When you make real power a full round piston like those works best.

What pins did you get? We use the trend pins that are .250” wall.

Also, I hope you didn’t let them “up sell” you their “top” ring pack. We use the gas nitrided moly faced rings with a custom cylinder finish. We blow less into the can than anyone else running the power we are.
I went with their H13 pins. The wall is pretty thick. I think they set it up for the power goals I have. I just asked them for gapless rings. No idea what material they used. It's total seal racing rings. They sure weren't cheap though. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Exact same as my pistons and rings copy cat ! Lol looks beautiful.

161 - 167 of 167 Posts