Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Looking great. I'm assuming that bung you welded on is to pull vacuum from the crankcase ?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Exhaust looks great, that downpipe is drool worthy - I wish we had a off the shelf piece that nice.... most people would probably whine it didn't cost $150 shipped though.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,512 Posts
Awesome! Looks like they are doing great work.

Bought not built is sometimes the way to go if you have a good shop.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,512 Posts
Looks pretty serious!!

I guess I missed it, what’s on the front that you are driving off the crank? Fuel pump or vacuum pump? If vacuum, why did you do exhaust vacuum fittings?

And do you have a link to the radiator you ended up using? (Looks like perfect sizing for my car also) :)

·
The dark shall be with us
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
It's an external oil pump.
I just used a nascar radiator but its been modified by the shop. I had to move the outlet from the side to the back so I don't have to cut the headlight bucket like that. There are many different sizes. You can see the measurements. It's very close to the VW radiator. Just a bit taller and wider.
They did a good job tucking in the exhaust. Only part that's low is around the diff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Thats a nice exhaust!

·
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #152 (Edited)
Did a bit of work. Turned out I can use sbc timing bracket on my engine with a little bit of modification.

·
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
And here is another screwed up thing I discovered. MSD puts its brand on different products and then charges twice for the same product. Lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,512 Posts
You just discovered this? Look at almost any holley sniper product,,,they are just generic china/ebay parts with a different engraving. Same for dozens and dozens of products. sensors. electroinics. audio equipment, etc. go on alibaba. Buy a pallet and they'll put your name on it instead.

ETA and getting this thing fired up and rippin?

·
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
I'm hoping this summer I can put the engine together. I'm focusing on my business now a little. Just need to finish the Short block now and other small things like fuel line and such.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,512 Posts
what's your business?

·
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #157 (Edited)
what's your business?
Well. I do many things. Some stock market, some e-commerce. Now I'm investing in real estate too. I bought my first house last week. I'm not going to spend much on my car for now since we don't know how much we'll end up spening on that house to get it ready for rent yet.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Looks great. Im going to have to go back through to read the whole thing but subscribed for now.

Edit: i went back a page, definitely move the fuse box where the abs used to be. You have to cut one of the tabs off but then it will squeeze right through that hole without having to take wiring out of it.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,512 Posts
Your exhaust pics are from 6 mo ago already! get this shit goin and bring it to the shootout this year!

141 - 160 of 167 Posts