Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Looks like they know what they are doing!

·
The dark shall be with us
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Yes. I wish I knew they were local back in the day. They did more work in less than a month than others do in two years. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,518 Posts
Yes. I wish I knew they were local back in the day. They did more work in less than a month than others do in two years. Lol

Who’s doing the work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
They mostly work on Dodge brands. Their rate is pretty good too. $70 per hour for fabrication. Others charge over $100 per hour.
https://jmbperformance.com/

Ive been welding stuff myself, and now i can appreciate the skill and effort these guys have or any fabricator in general that does quality work. I can see why they charge what they do. It takes a ton of time, practice, cost in supplies, material to come up with the magnificent work these guys produce. Like i said before bud, looking great, and keep the progress coming. Its really nice to see you're build come along.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,518 Posts
Yeah I think, until you’ve spent some time fabbing yourself, you can’t understand why a custom catch can for $300 is a good deal. My car looks like a hot mess compared to what most of these shops can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Yeah I wanted for the welds to look great. I'm sure I could save a ton of money if I bought a welder and practice but it would have taken a long time for me to get it right.

·
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
True. Cutting pipes in a right shape is the most important part.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,124 Posts
Yeah I wanted for the welds to look great. I'm sure I could save a ton of money if I bought a welder and practice but it would have taken a long time for me to get it right.

It's great to see progress being made on your "Massive boy build". Please keep things moving forward and keep us informed.

When I stop and think about my car, I realize I haven't done enough to even be considered a Small Boy Build.

Marshall

·
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Thanks. The reason I named mine massive boy was because everyone else was naming theirs big boy build. :D
They finished the intake side. Didn't expect the intake pipes to fill the engine bay completely. At least they'll get cooler air than not having them at all. Removing the driver side engine mount worked out great. TB is exactly where I want it now.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,518 Posts
For all that work, Why didn't they put the intakes down to the side mount hole for actual fresh air?

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
That’s actually a good place with that victory hood. You’ll want to make a intake box though and have a good tight seal up to the hood.

Are you planning on wrapping and/or adding heat shielding to that cross over pipe?

·
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
No room . I wanted him to make a box to seal the filters around the pipes when the hood is closed but the damn fues box is on the way and can't put both filters next to each other. Victory hood directs cool air to that area so it is getting some cool air.
Yeah. I'll definitely shield the pipes .

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,518 Posts
Gotcha. Sealed box to hood will be “cool”

·
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
How hard is it to move the fuse box? I hate how much room it takes under the hood. With that in place, I won't be able to make a box.

·
Dragon Slayer
873 Posts
It’s easy. Check out my thread and you’ll see how I tucked it into the corner above where the ABS would be.

But..... if I was you. I would ditch those giant cone filters and get a traditional flat filter. Go to the parts store and go look for a large filter the right size and shape and build a box around it and take advantage of that hood.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,124 Posts
It’s easy. Check out my thread and you’ll see how I tucked it into the corner above where the ABS would be.

But..... if I was you. I would ditch those giant cone filters and get a traditional flat filter. Go to the parts store and go look for a large filter the right size and shape and build a box around it and take advantage of that hood.
I also deleted my ABS Pump and relocated my fuse box into that space. The relocation solved my space issue I needed for cool air supply.

121 - 140 of 167 Posts