Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mas President MGR what size 18 needed?

Im looking to get these rims! I know some guys have them! I know they have in a 17, and I would like to know if there is an 18 that fits?

I have herd if we order to fit a 94 rx7 turbo...we can get them to fit. I want to know what size rim in a 18, and what tire I would need to go with!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thankshttp://www.victoriatire.com/wheels.html?cart=1004478901712638&PICNUM=320&&make=%5Bmake%5D&model=%5Bmodel%5D&size=14

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have decided to go with Konig Tantrum for my stealth TT, and then put the Mas on my Base 3000gt. Think that will work best ...:) Im not gonna be pounding the car at the track...so Im not really worried about the extra weight though!

Some of these racing rims are flat out ugly...Ill take the extar weight for a decent looking set of rims!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah definetly. Guess apperance in my opinion outweighs all of it but the gas mileage. Anything to better that or keep it reasonable is smart!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
If you getting 18's then you can go with the same size the 18 inch chromies are. I think they're 18x8.5 with 245/40-18 size tires.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have them on My Spyder, I love the way they look :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VeilsideVR4 ....is that a VR4? I wanted the MAS Italy for my 91 RT/TT Not sure what size to order! What are yours?

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Jamieryan said:
VeilsideVR4 ....is that a VR4? I wanted the MAS Italy for my 91 RT/TT Not sure what size to order! What are yours?
Yeah, he has a VR4.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SO those size rims should fit a 91 Stealth RT/TT then....or did he need spacers? I would like a set!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have tried for 4 months to get this question answered and still no one can answer it! DAM! whats a guy gotta do! lol

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
I'd get the 18x8.5. That's what I currently have on my 96 base GT. I have 265/35-18 and they're perfect, not too wide. And the tire doesn't bulge out too much, perfect. I think the 2nd gen VR4's stock tires are too narrow, the rim lip is exposed. Very ugly IMO. My tires are Sumitomo HTR-ZII, $159 each from www.tirerack.com . I got my previous wheels from www.victoriatire.com , the same place you got your pic. Good service, only $80 to ship to TX.

Also, if you want a little wider than the stock VR4 tires, and more flush with the rim, go with 255/40-18. But you can find more tires that are cheaper in the 265/35-18 size. If you get the 18x8, then go with the 245/40-18 or a little wider 255/40-18. My 18.8.5 have an offset of 45mm. My previous wheels (18x9) had an offset of 35mm and I had to put a 1/8 spacer in front. Call or e-mail Victoria Tire and ask. Their site shows that an 18" MAS Italy will fit a base GT. Ask them if they're available in 18x8.5.

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Oh yeah, I have Antera 143 chromies, heavy as hell. I felt the difference in power when I went from my 16" aluminum American Racing wheels to these 18s. BUT, I don't care, they're beautiful. I'm more into looks than racing in city streets anyway. IMO, MOST wheels out there are ugly as hell! People will tell you about performance, but if you don't care, do it. I like to look good in my car, not race it. Maybe cause it a base.:D Also, it's like people saying, turn off your A/C and roll your windows down, you're wasting gas.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Jamieryan said:
I think I have decided to go with Konig Tantrum for my stealth TT, and then put the Mas on my Base 3000gt. Think that will work best ...:) Im not gonna be pounding the car at the track...so Im not really worried about the extra weight though!

Some of these racing rims are flat out ugly...Ill take the extar weight for a decent looking set of rims!
HELL YEAH! I love those damn rims (tantrums) :)
check out: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/

They had the 18x9.5 for ~$225/rim last time i checked.

.jon

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I know the Konig fit....I just wanted the size needed, from someone who had the Mas Italy....theink the Konig would look nice though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts