Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
2,941 Posts
Ok, i'm not trying to be a dick, but come on man....Whats with the ignored PM? Any kind of update? You shouldn't have set a deadline for the racks if you didn't plan to stick to it. Thats bad business...

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ok, i'm not trying to be a dick, but come on man....Whats with the ignored PM? Any kind of update? You shouldn't have set a deadline for the racks if you didn't plan to stick to it. Thats bad business...
You want an update...

Worked my ass off all week to get a co-workers transmission replaced for free in his Celica before I went to St. Louis this weekend to pick up my track car. Averaged about 4 hours of sleep every night this week since you sent the message on Wednesday. Was gone all weekend. Go to my day job for 10 hours a day, work on Kevin's car until 2 am per night, sleep: repeat. None of that is your problem, but that's all the update I have.

Perhaps if you did not send me the most rusted POS rack I've ever seen I'd be further along. What'd you do store your rack at the bottom of the Dead Sea.....

Have patience they will be done soon.

·
Banned
2,941 Posts
You want an update...

Worked my ass off all week to get a co-workers transmission replaced for free in his Celica before I went to St. Louis this weekend to pick up my track car. Averaged about 4 hours of sleep every night this week since you sent the message on Wednesday. Was gone all weekend. Go to my day job for 10 hours a day, work on Kevin's car until 2 am per night, sleep: repeat. None of that is your problem, but that's all the update I have.

Perhaps if you did not send me the most rusted POS rack I've ever seen I'd be further along. What'd you do store your rack at the bottom of the Dead Sea.....

Have patience they will be done soon.
Your life is not my problem...waiting 3 weeks longer than you said it would take to finish the rack is.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Your life is not my problem...waiting 3 weeks longer than you said it would take to finish the rack is.:rolleyes:

Do you want a partial refund and your rack back? I can ship it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Join the club... getting these racks finished IS a priority for me.

I apologize for the wait and the inconvenience it has caused you. They will be completed as soon as humanly possible.

This is a pretty involved conversion and takes time. When you get your rack back it will look better then a new OEM rack.

I appreciate your continued patience.

·
FSR
1,228 Posts
Hey John

I didnt even know that this thread existed.

I sent you my rack in January, and haven't heard from you.... I didnt even know where to send the money because we were dealing through PMs instead of this thread.

Can you confirm that you have my rack? If you have it, I will Paypal you tonight now that i know where to send money. I would have sent it the day after I sent out the rack, but didnt have your paypal addy

I also have a new address so I will give you that info as well.

No Rush on the rack, as I know these things can get hectic, I just want to make sure I will have a steering rack someday.

Thanks

-Eric

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
paypal [email protected]

You can either IM me or email me at the address above your new return shipping address.

Racks are *almost* there.

·
having it my way
874 Posts
I need your rack in my hands by 3/1 to begin the conversion. If everyone makes this deadline, racks will be returned shipped by 3/15 (two weeks to complete the conversion on all racks).

Payment is due on 3/1 however I can have some flexiblity. With no exceptions full payment is due by 3/15, when the racks ship out to you the customer.

come on jon this is taking to long. Whats the REAL hold up here??

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
come on jon this is taking to long. Whats the REAL hold up here??
Jimmy, I'm not sure what you are talking about. I don't believe you ordered a steering rack from me.

The real hold up was due to the increased price of gas, I unable to afford as much pixie dust that I needed to complete the rack conversion. Luckily for me I found some used for a great price on Ebay.

All jokes aside, it did take me quite a bit longer then expected to get the racks from everyone, get everyone paid up, and to do the actual conversion. In the future, I will have the steering racks modified in advance from on hand cores, not customer cores to avoid long delays. The customer's a core would then be used as my next rack to convert.

Racks where finished this last weekend and will be shipping out soon.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

Jon

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Can you PM me your new address please? I did get your paypal.

Edit: Packages will ship out on Tuesday. I will provide tracking numbers at that time.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
PM sent

Jon by the by... how many manual racks now exist?
Four that I have done, including the racks that will go out on Tuesday.

There has been some work by other members to do a similar modification on their own, but without all the extra refurbishing that I do. I believe there are two of these racks in the works. I have not really followed along to much with their progress.

Nelson has a custom non-power rack on his white "street" car. Not sure where he got it.

I also saw that 3SX is not running a power steering pump on their T4 drag car. Not sure if they looped the lines or not.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Lethal_vr4 says:

"The lethal_vr4 manual gang bangin' rizzays are done! I'll be shipping them out tomorrow morning."

If you want to see a preview of the finished products before they were snuggled into their boxes....

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Racks went out yesterday and everyone should have a tracking number.

·
FSR
1,228 Posts
OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!!

I received my rack today!

LOOKS AWESOME!

Its obvious that there was alot off attention paid to the details, and that is important. Ill take some pics and try to post them up tonight.

Thanks Jon... I cant wait to get it in the car! i do have "a little more work" to do on the car before i can drive it though.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts