Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm giving this a shot because I'd like to know what options I have.

I went and replaced the molding between the windshield and moonroof/sunroof. I couldn't get it to work at first so I began researching if I was missing something. Long story short, I saw people had taken off the moonroof/sunroof in order to get it to sit right. I removed the glass and discovered, though I assumed it may be the case, that the hinges were severely rusted.

Ideally, I would like to replace the hinges. They are discontinued. This is my attempt to see if anyone that peruses these forums may have a set? Beyond that, I'm open to suggestions on what to do to rectify the situation. I would like to keep the glass roof functional as I just discovered it's more a "targa top" that can be stored in the slots in the trunk. I hadn't known what those were for prior to this.

I'm not opposed to sealing everything up and just making it a static glass roof, if I've exhausted all other options. I want your guy's opinion on the subject though.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If these are the hinges you are looking for, they are still available. Ninja has them listed, but I don't think they are taking new orders. Still, Santa was able to find them for me just last month... though, I'd have to ask where he found them.... if you are unable to locate a set with the part numbers below, let me know and I'll ask.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If these are the hinges you are looking for, they are still available. Ninja has them listed, but I don't think they are taking new orders. Still, Santa was able to find them for me just last month... though, I'd have to ask where he found them.... if you are unable to locate a set with the part numbers below, let me know and I'll ask.

View attachment 299475
I just purchased a full glass roof, including the hinges, off of someone today. They aren't brand new like that but are in much better shape than mine. I got the glass w/hinges so I could store the extra glass, should there be any environmental/road damage to the roof in the future.

With that said, I wouldn't mind having a spare set of hinges for when this happens to the new set I'm about to acquire. I haven't had any luck in finding them, using those part numbers.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Apparently, mine were from Mitsubishiautopartsdirect.com ... though their website says they are temporarily closed. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts