Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 SL FWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. No surprise here but my automatic transmission is going bad on my 3000gt. I’m planning on swapping it to manual but don’t have the parts for it. I’m not sure what channel to put it in but it seems like this one might work. I’m not in a rush to buy the parts but if you have them available I wouldn’t mind putting up some offers. If you don’t have a manual transmission that’s fine just the other parts you need for the conversion. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1994 3000GT VR4
933 Posts
I'm in N Ga, kind of in between Atlanta and Chattanooga TN. About an hour from each. The car I would sell for 600. Mostly complete 91 RT (?) DOHC that has a 2G front end and sideskirt conversion (no bumper or headlights atm). Has all of the 5 speed stuff and some new stage 3 clutch. Whoever did the timing belt didn't do something right. It may have skipped a tooth. Turned over fine and tried to start, but found that the belt had some slack, so I immediately started removing the covers to secure the belt properly in order to then check compression. Haven't finished that, but I should.

·
Registered
1995 SL FWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in N Ga, kind of in between Atlanta and Chattanooga TN. About an hour from each. The car I would sell for 600. Mostly complete 91 RT (?) DOHC that has a 2G front end and sideskirt conversion (no bumper or headlights atm). Has all of the 5 speed stuff and some new stage 3 clutch. Whoever did the timing belt didn't do something right. It may have skipped a tooth. Turned over fine and tried to start, but found that the belt had some slack, so I immediately started removing the covers to secure the belt properly in order to then check compression. Haven't finished that, but I should.
Oh boy that sounds like a good deal. If you still manage to have it by march i’ll gladly take it off your hands 😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts