Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· ?Mark
24,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, that manual boost controller that they keep advertisng and offering on here for $18.00 sure makes a difference, so smooth and the difference is unbelievable, if anyone is looking for a cheap mod for more HP then I can definitly recomend this boost controller, I mean $18.00 bucks, excellent. Bought a gauge on tyfoonmotorsports for $25.00 and I was set, gosh I like were we are heading with these prices on our mods folks, cheap ass mods ,I love it. Keep it up, I am in the market, hehe!

· Premium Member
7,409 Posts
i need to take u for a ride in my car with the DSBC and show u the diffrence >:p

· hangsout w/ his wang out
2,866 Posts
Black1995GTBase said:
i need to take u for a ride in my car with the DSBC and show u the diffrence >:p
Is there really even a diffence? I know that the electonic ones have gain and other features but do they make that big of a diffence?

· Premium Member
7,409 Posts
i feel that my EBC gives me alot more control over my boost... And yes, it does have its quirks(temp fluctuations).. I think 15 pounds by about 2500 rpms or so isnt all that bad for still having 1 pre cat >:p

· Registered
1,151 Posts
i havent had no problems with my Pro-Boost mbc, i had it set right at 14psi's over all last weekend and it never spiked in any gear and any rpm, i had it turned to 14 for the track but they rained out so i just left it at 14 and messed with a 300zx for a lil while, i couldnt be happier with the mbc, and at $18, what a steal, i'm really glad i got mine:D

· Registered
316 Posts
I have the ProBoost MBC, but I havent installed it yet. I am kind of unclear on the placement of it, what hoses to hook it to, etc. Plus I just havent really had time yet.

Are there directions somewhere with pictures? :) Pictures are always ncie! heh

· Registered
1,151 Posts
m3kgt said:
I have the ProBoost MBC, but I havent installed it yet. I am kind of unclear on the placement of it, what hoses to hook it to, etc. Plus I just havent really had time yet.

Are there directions somewhere with pictures? :) Pictures are always ncie! heh
its really only like a 10 min job, just cut the hose from the back of the y-pipe in half and put the inlet side of the mbc fromt he y-pipe, and run the outlet side of the mbc down to the h-connector where it is already routed to, unhook the hoses from ur stock boost sylanoid and cap em off, all done, then just adjust ur boost accordingly:D

· Registered
316 Posts
Where is the stock boost sylanoid, and what hoses exactly do I cap off?

It sounds easy enough. The hose that is currently on the back of the y-pipe goes to the H-connector, right? So all I do is splice into that hose and put the MBC in there? Inlet going to the Y-pipe and outlet going to the H connector?

· Registered
1,151 Posts
ya just put the mbc basically into the middle of that hose, and just capp off ur hoses from the stock sylanoid, u can find the stock sylanoid on the passengers side of the engine bay on the fire wall u'll see 2 lil sylanoids, it the one closest to the center of the bay, just yank the hoses off the sylanoid and follow them to the h-connector and yank em off the h-connector, then capp off the 2 nipples ont he h-connector and u can even remove the boost sylanoid completely, thats what i did

· Registered
316 Posts
Sweet. That sounds easy enough. I might just have to do that this weekend.

Along with my EGR-Block Off Plates, which are sitting on the bench next to the MBC ready to be installed. :)

· ?Mark
24,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
easy, humm

artmans_1992_stealth said:
ya just put the mbc basically into the middle of that hose, and just capp off ur hoses from the stock sylanoid, u can find the stock sylanoid on the passengers side of the engine bay on the fire wall u'll see 2 lil sylanoids, it the one closest to the center of the bay, just yank the hoses off the sylanoid and follow them to the h-connector and yank em off the h-connector, then capp off the 2 nipples ont he h-connector and u can even remove the boost sylanoid completely, thats what i did
It all sounds easy until you have to gap your spark plugs, lol cause everybody knows thats a pain in the butt to get to the ones in the back.

· Registered
316 Posts
I am going to run 14PSI, I shouldnt need to gap my plugs for that should I? I am still running on the stock fuel system too. From what I read I should be ok as long as I dont go above 15PSI.

· Registered
159 Posts
install is easy

i got a free one from my friend that screwed up his engine, i'm using the turbo xs. i could tell a big difference. but i do know the with the electronic ones, they actually hold the boost at 14 or whatever you have it at in every gear. if you look at your boost gauge it's different in every gear on an mbc. you wanna set the 14 pounds on third gear or fourth then first and second will be at like 12 or 13 the max boost will be in 3rd and 4th gear. it's kinda gay, the elec. boost cont. will hold it at 14 all the time.

· ?Mark
24,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ran like shit

m3kgt said:
I am going to run 14PSI, I shouldnt need to gap my plugs for that should I? I am still running on the stock fuel system too. From what I read I should be ok as long as I dont go above 15PSI.
I am at 14psi with irridiums and it ran like shit gapped at stock I think it was 0.42, we set them at 0.34 and it is running so smooth now, I love it. I have stock fuel system, I have a 96 vr4 if that makes a difference

· Registered
1,151 Posts
ya, i gapped my plugs down to(.035), and i got new plugs and wireswhile i was at it too, the rear plugs arent all that bad to change, its not as hard as it seems like it could be, just be patient and look at what u are doing, make sure u sit the bolts and stuff where u know what they go to, dont get into a hurry and end up missing something, just take ur time and u'll be fine, i just did my plugs and wires the other week for the very first time, once u get down to doing it, u'll find thats its not as hard as what ya think, just a lil time consuming

· Registered
3 Posts
Man, that manual boost controller that they keep advertisng and offering on here for $18.00 sure makes a difference, so smooth and the difference is unbelievable, if anyone is looking for a cheap mod for more HP then I can definitly recomend this boost controller, I mean $18.00 bucks, excellent. Bought a gauge on tyfoonmotorsports for $25.00 and I was set, gosh I like were we are heading with these prices on our mods folks, cheap ass mods ,I love it. Keep it up, I am in the market, hehe!
Hey I’m trying to rebuild/upgrade my junkyard 91’TT I don’t need a MBC right now, but I do need one, seeing that ProBoost doesn’t make them anymore, what’s a good second option that won’t break my bank. I see the 3sx one and also the HBC one but I don’t love using 3sx cuz it’s like upcharged.

· SDSU Alumnus
5,165 Posts
Hey I’m trying to rebuild/upgrade my junkyard 91’TT I don’t need a MBC right now, but I do need one, seeing that ProBoost doesn’t make them anymore, what’s a good second option that won’t break my bank. I see the 3sx one and also the HBC one but I don’t love using 3sx cuz it’s like upcharged.
Good lord what a bump... this thread is from 2003.

Do a search. It is not recommended to just spontaneously raise boost without monitoring or logging. When you are actually ready (none of this "I think I need" nonsense), then Hallman and Turbosmart are good options.

-sent from my Galaxy S22 Ultra

• Haha
Reactions: DuTTch and VR Thor
1 - 20 of 21 Posts