Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
the runners are about an inch shorter than stock and they stick into the surge tank about 1/4 inch. they also have velocity stacks on each runner to funnel in air access to the rar plugs is granted because of surge tank placement. we used a larger than stock tube and places is higher up and further in on the runners to get more clearance. there are 0 issues with hood clearance and it even fits under our strut bars. :D

I should have pics of the final product in a few days.

but for now. here are pics i snapped with my phone of the runners all welded up nicely. the surge tank will be welded toegether on monday.

also if anyone wants this style plenum they are ready for order. Aluminum version is $800 shipped.

·
3/S tech
2,052 Posts
are you going to do a group buy on these let me know

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I will starta new thread with this info, but just so everyone can see...

Ok everyone. I just picked up the plenum earlier today and had a chance to test everything to and make sure it fit good. im pleased to say that it turned out really really nice, and fits like a fine italian made leather glove. they are now finally ready for sale. Also weve decided to not make them out of steel, we worked out a deal with our welders and found a better way to do the aluminum. it costs a little bit more than we wanted but the end result is well worth it.

Price is set at $800 shipped. Anyone that wants one is more than welcome to email me and let me know.

thanks a lot,
chris

here is a pic of the test fitting.

·
the car whisperer
1,285 Posts
Is the next priority a dyno?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
if the people that buy a plenum want to dyno their car and post numbers then please do so. i am unable to dyno one myself.

chris

·
3/S tech
2,052 Posts
I will starta new thread with this info, but just so everyone can see...

Ok everyone. I just picked up the plenum earlier today and had a chance to test everything to and make sure it fit good. im pleased to say that it turned out really really nice, and fits like a fine italian made leather glove. they are now finally ready for sale. Also weve decided to not make them out of steel, we worked out a deal with our welders and found a better way to do the aluminum. it costs a little bit more than we wanted but the end result is well worth it.

Price is set at $800 shipped. Anyone that wants one is more than welcome to email me and let me know.

thanks a lot,
chris

here is a pic of the test fitting.

does it come powder coated

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
NEW pic. this is what you will get for your $800 shipped.

come with new hardware for installation and vacum barbs for all stock hoses.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
wont that get unequal air in the runners or am i just dumb/blind/or high or all of the above

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
the flow is great on these. and they use a larger than stock surge tank so there is more available air for the engine to draw in. we also include velocity stacks on the runner for the N/A engines.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
we also include velocity stacks on the runner for the N/A engines.
Does this mean that the velocity stacks do not exist if ordering for a turbo car? I personally would rather not have the runners portuding into the plenum as shown in the picture?
It has been suggested that this causes instability during dyno tuning and airflow disturbances. (turbocharged applications anyway)

thanks,

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
the plenum will be the same no matter what car its going on. we only made the runners stick out about 1/2" or so. that way they wont protrude far enough to cause any airflow issues. and we di dthe funnels to help speed up airflow. so it s hould be the best of both worlds. great for either a turbo on non.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
actually we are lowering the price on these manifolds down to $650 shipped. we talked to a new shop about doing our welding and got a great deal. so our gain is your gain. :)

new manifold price - $650 shipped inside the states.

thanks a lot,
chris

·
220K club
975 Posts
yeah .... how much shorter the runners are than stock? is that as short as they can be? it seems from all the reading i have done on after-market plenums says that our runners are way too long
Actually considering that millions are spent on R&D including intake designs, what Mitsu engineers did in their design was to maximize Ve at the ranges were most people with these cars drive and where it was matched to the 9B turbos. If you don't mind giving up drivability issues for top end, say as in drag racing, then a shorter length of runners is good. This design looks to be good for the top end needs (6500RPMs and up)

Unless I missed this in an earlier post, do we have the dimensional internal specs for this manifold? Sorry for the questions but I am biased since my second son works on a team that designs future intakes for Acura/Honda and the math cals for these intake variables for the specific application is intensely huge. I do like that it has slightly narrowed runners at the intake manifold to help air speed for the NA cars.

·
Pearl White 3kGT
800 Posts
anybody bought this manifold and installed it?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Finally got some dyno numbers on a stock Stealth RT TT.

nothing to brag about but its a nice improvement in needed areas.

overall we gained. 13.75 Tq and 18.67 hp.

the car is completely stock. no intake, no exhaust... nothing. we figure that with an intake and cold air wall, 4" single side exhuast, 550 injectors, manual boost controller and a 255 fuel pump. we can get it up around 350hp pretty easily.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts