Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
3s-less
1,507 Posts
anyone have dyno results on a car >9bs? theoritically with larger runner diameters and shorter lengths it should only get better with bigger/higher rpm turbos but id like to see what it looks like.

·
3s-less
1,507 Posts
:bump:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
also. we spent all day trying to figure out a way to make a plenum that woudl actually be benificial to the car and still clear the hood while having a drivers side Tb and im sad to say its just not going to happen.
I personally believe it's possible..... even using a stock hood...

...even on teh passenger side without removing the fill neck it just cant be done like what people want. it would have to be less than 6 inches wide and less than 2 inchess tall to even fit under the hood
Not necessarily...

and then you have the tb to deal with the fuel rails, the fill neck, the hood liner, just lots of things that dont make it possible.
Don't give up so easily..... it's not impossible... just have to work around some things... think flexible SS hose for the fuel rail loop
;)

I have some ideas circulating..... don't want to give it away on 3si quite yet...

·
Banned
655 Posts
I just hope people want this because of performance gains, not because they are too lazy to take their intake manifold off to replace the rear plugs, if thats the reason then its just sad. It takes me less than 15 min to remove mine.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I just hope people want this because of performance gains, not because they are too lazy to take their intake manifold off to replace the rear plugs, if thats the reason then its just sad. It takes me less than 15 min to remove mine.
A plenum that has 3" shorter on the runners isn't much of a gain...

201 - 206 of 206 Posts