Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
AEM Veteran
2,061 Posts
This was with the stock throttle body, correct?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Correct. We used the stock throttle body.

We will be testing out Q45 90mm throttle body on the plenum later on when we get all the other parts ready to go onto the car.

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
For racing it is a nice increase when you stay in the upper rpms. What about the HP and TQ hit you take between 1500 and 5200rpm? Are the lower and mid rpm HP and TQ always sacrificed with aftermarket plenums? How does the plenum with the larger tank and longer runners you make compare to this plenum?

·
AEM Veteran
2,061 Posts
What about the HP and TQ hit you take between 1500 and 5200rpm?
Take a look again. The only place he lost torque was a few ft-lbs between 1000 and 1750. Other than that, he picked up torque everywhere. Especially good gains from 5250 to redline.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
the loss of power down low around 1500rpm is soo small you will never even notice it. esspecially when the power in the mid range kicks in.

and like i said. this is all based on a stock car. with mods the amount of power you gain is higher.

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
What would it take to push the Red line up closer to the stock blue line or above it at all points on the HP & TQ curve? I might be interpreting the dyno run wrong. Just look like the gap is pretty big from 2K to 4.5K, smaller differences everywhere else. Is they a plenum setup that will give you the best of both worlds or would that be just wishful thinking.

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
Correction noted, I was reading it as plenum vs plenum not TQ and HP increase. Supermac how does this compare to the other plenum that you made (I beleive you had a different version in the past) TQ and HP curves?

·
Dont f#@k with me I own a
1,000 Posts
Wow for a completly stock car that's amazing results. I would love to see what this manifold will do on a highly modded car.

Good work :)

·
Banned
655 Posts
This kind of makes me laugh a little, not that there is anything wrong with the design and this is no way a dig against you guys making these, but that there are that many people out there that are so lazy that they don't want to take the manifold off to access the rear plugs, c'mon guys it takes 20 min tops to take the mani off, jeeeze!! Performance should come before easy access and lazyness lol.

Just something thta kind of urks me because I have read it at least a couple dozen times throughout the forum.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
a performance part that adds a nice amount of extra hp and tq... and also makes reaching things easier... seems like a win win to me.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
What dyno did you use? 250/250 on stock is strong as hell, factory freak!

Either way, gains are gains over baseline. Nice results.

·
99 SLut
4,318 Posts
So all you did was swap the stock TT plenum with your larger one?

I don't know much about all this but would the gains on an NA be just as great? I would assume it'd be much less because we're not boosting obviously but i'm curious..., this would look nice and shiney under my hood and possibly make me quick up top which is where the na slows down.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
the gains wont be exactly the same, but they will still be pretty noticable. we added velocity stacks to the runners for the n/a guys.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
the links to the pictures and dyno chart are down, can you relink? i would love to see the pics and dyno run. thanks.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
yes we can make a plenum out of steel if you want. ill look into the price of materials and such and give ya a price if you want. just email me.

181 - 200 of 206 Posts