Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today im cruising home from school and all of a sudden my check engine light comes on and im like uh oh, i happened to be in the vicinity of a dealership so i decided to stop in and get it checked out since i know zilch about 3s's at the moment (havent had time to get my hands into her yet, damn school).

Luckily i had my tub of KY ready for the buttraping about to befall me for the price for them to take a minute to hook my car up to a machine and read the screen($95). They say its going to take an hour so i walk down to Nissan and test out a 350z......ohhh my...

So i get back and they say i need a "Manifold Diff PRess Sensor" for 141 bucks and 50 for installation but that i dont need it right away but the light will just be on but its nothing to worry about at the moment (near closing time im thinking). so i fire up my 3kgt and the check engine light is gone.

do i forget about it till the light comes back or get a new one or is this easy to install and i should do it myself?

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
ohh..so the 97s do have it.

im pretty sure thats the sensor that is on top of the intake manifold that prevents 99 owners from putting a front strut tower bar.

you will be ok waiting for it. it basically does nothing but help fine tune some shit. my friend told me exactly what it did but i forgot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i hate stupid emissions....especially since i live on the I-80 corridor its twice as strict. the guy said my check engine light would stay on, but it went out so should i just ignore it till emissions time?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
The manifold differential pressure sensor checks to see if the EGR valve is functioning. It won't affect the way the car runs. I'd run the car for a while, the MIL light may not come back on.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.