Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1859 Posts

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys this guy makes downpipes, catbacks, intercooler pipes, and any other pipes you could need. he sells them for dsms currently, but he could make a full turbo back in about 2 weeks or less if he had a 3000gt to work with. he would give us a real good group discount too. so anyone in upstate new york post here and give him a call at (607) 757-0833 his name is Bruce. imagine if we could get a hard pipe intercooler kit, downpipe, and catback for $500 or so! that would be awesome!

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Hell yes it would. I am currently looking for a complete exhaust system. Would the downpipe eliminate the precats and main cat?

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well we would have to have a poll to see what everyone wants. but certainly make it so it eliminates both precats. for the dsm he has 2.5" pipes but we already have 2.5 right? so he would have to make 3" all the way back, any protest to that?

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
For the down pipe we'd need two 2.5" into a single 3" For true dual, I think 2.5" all the way back is what will fit. I'd buy the stuff if he made it. There are a lot of 3/S guys in that area (I think). Post this thread in the general forum where everyone can see, please. :D Also, and I think some years are different, he will need to weld a bung for the O2 sensor in the rear downtube if it replaces the precat. Most places dont wanna mess with our cars once they see them, so if this guy will do it, that's great!

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Yeah, the downpipe is 2.5" at the precats, then needs to converge to a 3" pipe. I wouldn't want a true dual system though... even with the smaller 2.5" pipe all the way back, it would be much heavier than stock. See about getting at least a downpipe like the stillen downpipe (eliminates the front precat and main cat) while the rear cat stays. However, some speed shops do sell precat eliminators that are 2.5" pipe with a flange for the sensor. AHHGGH! The problem I have with exhaust is that there are simply so many different kinds to get, and not all of them are compatible with each other. Some downpipes eliminate the front precat, some do not, some downpipes eliminate the main cat, and some do not... basically the only way to buy an exhaust with the least amount of headache is to make sure that you get it all at once and you know it all fits together easily. To that end... why not have a vote to build a Stillen type downpipe (which by most accounts is the best you can get for our cars, price nonwithstanding) and if possible, have it eliminate the rear cat as well, a 3" test pipe built to fit to the downpipe, and a 3" cat back system, that can either go to one huge muffler, or dual mufflers like the stock set up. Personally, I just want the exhaust on one side to save some weight, since the extra pipe coming out the back doesn't help performance any really.

·
Registered
656 Posts
if i lived in ny id be there. i need a cat back for mine and i could use some other stuff for my na too.

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay guys this is his address, anyone near there?

Phantom Roadworks
2719 East Main Street
Endicott, NY 13760

·
Hellfire Master
2,666 Posts
I would definately be down for this. Why not just clone the Altered Atmosphere exhaust system? Run precat eliminating downpipe (2.5") into a 3" main pipe that splits into two 3" pipes and exits your choice of mufflers (Apex N1's)? I have heard that it is the highest flowing exhaust out there and it gives the car a low V8 style rumble. Intercooler piping as well as intake piping would be totally awesome.

devilmanVISA

·
Registered
653 Posts
I go to school in Cortland which is 30 miles north of Binghamton, only about a 20 minute drive for me. What do I need to do?

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just call that number and ask for bruce. he will tell you what he needs and how long it will take

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'll call him tomorrow

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
this would be great, I've been looking around and trying to figure out exactly what would be the best and if he can make it so it eliminates both precats (2.5") and then collects into a 3" pipe but giving us the option to run a test pipe or high flow cat then splitting it to both sides to attach some N1's or the like would be awesome. :D :D :D

·
Hellfire Master
2,666 Posts
We should have the downpipe turn into a 3.5" pipe and split off into two 3" pipes. That would be higher flowing. Just have him put in a flange for a cat. That will make it the easiest on him. This is all going to have to be shipped out so it will have to be in pieces and what not. If there is a flange for the cat, we can run a pipe or a cat as required by our locales (unless you want to run a pipe in cat halloween costume like me). What material would this be made of?

devilmanVISA

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think he said aluminized steal, but I'm not sure. the mufflers are ss which look just like the n1s. but you can have any type of muffler you want. I talked to him a while ago and he said it would only take a couple of days to make!

·
Hellfire Master
2,666 Posts
Definately N1's. Apexi N1's, when you absolutely, positively gotta smoke every mother______ at the track, accpet no substitutions!

devilmanVISA

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the intercooler pipes might take him longer than a couple of days since there are a few pipes plus I heard that they aren't really easy to get to.

1 - 20 of 1859 Posts