923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo
Pearl White. New paint.
155000 KM's/96000 M's
Tape/CD
Immobolizer keypad starter.
Alarm.
In B.C, but was in Ontario and than Saskatchewan before B.C.
No rust on the car.
No accidents.
No power antenna.
Passenger side window switch does not roll up window. Must be done from drivers side.
Right side exhaust is clogged wich means faulty exhaust silencer.
ECS probably doesn't work anymore.
White wheels are all scratched and chipped up and have been curbed scratched.
Needs CV Boots.
Needs balljoints.
Needs Brake Master Cylinder.
Needs timing belt pulley.
Needs water pump.
Needs Driveshaft Bearings.
The car doesn't pull so well. There seems to be a stutter. May be a Turbo problem, but it whistles loud from the outside.
It stil pulls, but not at 100%. Probably like 75%
The engine sounds and feels good.
Tranny feels good.
No grinding Syncros.
I'm looking at spending over $4,500 CDN/$3,200 AM to fix the car including parts and labour. Now the catch is, I work at a tuner/repair shop. All the price quotes are from Chrysler, but everything is going to be swapped with performance products and for really cheap and I'm doing everything myself so it won't even cost me half of that. :D

I just need some negotiating power against the dealership so I can get the car dirt cheap.

It was priced at $13,800 CDN/$9,800 AM and than they dropped it to $12,900 CDN/$9,200 AM and now it's priced at $11,900/$8,500.

What offer do you guys think I should make to them? They're really anxious to sell me the car and I'm very interested in buying it. I have not made them an offer yet, but I don't think they will be selling this car anytime soon. I need some help guys please. I'm currently dealing with them right now and very interested in buying the car now! :D

PLEASE help me make an offer! :D
Thanx!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I agree
$6500 considering the problems, stuttering can be a VERY difficult issue. Thats USD not CAN

·
www.GTRacing.ca
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are some crazy prices! Those are waaay low. THis is the cheapest Stealth I have ever seen. We sell N/A's up here for more than you guys sell TT's down in the states. This TT is pretty cheap for up here. You'll see the same car going for about $14K CDN/ $10K AM up here. These car's have good resale value up here as compare to the states.

What do you guys think about the vehicle? And I've checked on Buy&Sell and CanadaTrader. There's only 2 TT's for sell in Canada and their both in B.C. and one is a Gen2 for $22K CDN/ $15,700 AM. I don't want a Gen2 anyway. I want a Pearl white or Black Gen1.

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
We sell N/A's up here for more than you guys sell TT's down in the states.
remind me to sell my cars in Canada...er..that is if I even sell my cars (it'll be a cold day in hell before that..)
I dunno what's involved in transfering a car from the US to Canada, but mabey you could look into that? Then buy a cheap US car that doesn't have problems :)

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
Bah, those problems you listed aren't problems at all.

• No power antenna

Fixed for $40.

• Passenger side window switch does not roll up window. Must be done from drivers side

New switch from 3si member for cheap.

• Right side exhaust is clogged wich means faulty exhaust silencer.

That's what it's supposed to do. It means the active exhaust is stuck in sport mode. Usually easy to fix but no problem to just leave as is.

• ECS probably doesn't work anymore.

Probably? If it does't work the lights will flash to tell you. If it switches from sport to tour then it works fine. If it doesn't, you can pull the codes and see yourself what the problem is.

• The car doesn't pull so well. There seems to be a stutter. May be a Turbo problem, but it whistles loud from the outside.

Sounds like it needs a tuneup - plugs, wires, etc.

A normal 60k service should fix the rest of the things in the "needed" category. Just be sure that anyone doing the Tbelt is experienced. There are far too many horror stories here about a Tbelt done wrong.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
I agree with john... both of them.

You guys finding TT's for $5-6K - BUY THEM! Are you CRAZY!?!?!

The avearge price for a TT in Oklahoma is $12,500 Most 1st gen's are that price, with the second gen's starting at 15K, and working up to 19,000.

This isn't a rare thing. I have Chelle's car (which is in great condition) up for $10,000. And I have gotten tons of calls an emails. (haven't sold it yet, but we don't mind :) ).

If you keep saying that a TT should be $5,000 then do you know what your car will end up worth in a year or two? I can't pick up an 87 Mustang with 100,000miles for $5000!!!!!

You are seeing GREAT deals- Freggin buy them and resell for what they should be!

·
www.GTRacing.ca
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Considering I own a shop, all the work will be done at wholesale price for parts and free labour because me and my dad will be working on the car. My dad will do the timing belt. He has over 35yrs experience on tuning and repairing cars. He's quite GOOD. :D I probably won't end up paying more than $1,500 CDN for the parts. I think I will end up swapping everything with TOP-OF-THE-LINE performance parts. The car will be a 10 second car eventually. ;)

So, I think I should go through with it than, eh? I'm going down there to make them an offer that i know they will probably refuse to take, but no prob. I'll get my lot to buy off of them for wholesale price and than buy it off of mine for wholesale price. :D I'll probably offer them $9K CDN.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts