Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not much goings on here, but i thought id throw this out!

well, im selling off all my 3s shit because i found something that would keep me super preoccupied from these turds.

cant tell you how relived i feel as i sell stuff off and steam full speed into my next venture.

Here it is, 1965 A990 Coronet post sedan!

dont know what im gonna do with myself not worring about spun bearings and wirring issues!

its been fun, but not real fun!

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon
5,398 Posts
i found something that would keep me super preoccupied from these turds.
TURDS!?! Ya mean all this time I've been polishing a TURD?!?:eek2:

Dude! You got a Hemi! That much I can tell, but I'm not familiar with that manifold. Tell us more!
It looks like a project but it should be awesome when it's done. Good luck!!

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I used to love old cars but I would want to keep old car looks and engineer into it new car suspension and brake tech. It would end up costing more then a decent new car with a v8 like a charger or challenger so it makes no sense to me to start with an ancient car to start with. Just does not make sense to me unless there's a nostalgic angle to the project.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, with the skills and hook ups i have, i could built 2 of these comparted to a 800 whp 3s, so its a know brainer for me.

i just sold a NIB 6sp for 2300, and bought a TKO 600 Five speed for this car for the same money, and it will prolly last a hell of alot longer...lol and i can buy parts any old time.

this car will cost about 25k to build with me doing 80% of the work.

after i get it all painted and running, ill prolly throw AC on it and ill be set!

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Love 60's cars....especially the mopar stuff.
i wish i had the time, space, and funds to do a project like that - have fun!

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
Yeah it's a little slow in here.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i meet this cool guy Bob, he has the same car... but finished his last fall.

it sports a 700HP Chrysler Hemi, 528 CI.

he is coaching me on rebuilding mine, he is very fresh on Info!

Attachments

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
I dont want to talk about old cars.... I had a 1967 Camaro SS since I was 16 (1978) until around 2000. 2nd wife convinced me to sell it since it was a project (80% done) for many years off and one. It was about 6 months before the prices sky rocketed and it's value went up 10x. Fvck, Fvck Fvck...

Even though it was only 80% done I had 100% of all the new chrome, trim, felt, rubber and most everything you can think of. I could not touch the same car in the same condition for under 15K now...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
not much goings on here, but i thought id throw this out!
well, im selling off all my 3s shit because i found something that would keep me super preoccupied from these turds
cant tell you how relived i feel as i sell stuff off and steam full speed into my next venture.
Here it is, 1965 A990 Coronet post sedan!
dont know what im gonna do with myself not worring about spun bearings and wirring issues!
its been fun, but not real fun!
Great project. What's best is you will be the designer, engineer, and wrench of the project. A lot more satisfying when you finish and have it out on the road with it attracting the admiring crowds ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts