Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright so today my cars 1 mo old battery was totally dead & had to jump start my car. I replaced terminals with brand new ones also, but something seems to be draining the battery constantly. Does anyone know how i can remove the cigarette lighter in my car? If it’s going to cause this much trouble id rather just get it out.
i’m headed to my mechanic tomorrow and hopefully he will know a good electrical guy i can head too

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Then again it could also maybe have something to do with an electrical issue in my car somewhere else

·
Curmudgeon
5,525 Posts
If you know it's the lighter why not pull the fuse?
If the problem goes away you'll know you were right, and if not you can stop cursing the lighter.

I think the only other thing on that fuse are the remote mirrors so make sure they're set before pulling the fuse.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,863 Posts
Don't I feel dumb.
I read this earlier and thought she meant "Owners" manual.
So, I went and looked on Egay.
Holy Snikies!!!
Two sellers both want $200 for the full set of 1999 owners manuals, WTF?

Bob. :confused:

Reactions: Coolcats818

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i was hoping there was going to be one in the glove box but sadly not. Looks like i might have to couugh up that money. It’s outrageous.
i am gonna head over to the closest mistu dealership today maybe i can ask them if i can buy one there

·
Curmudgeon
5,525 Posts
Looks like the joke's on me Bob...
All the information you need is in the maintenance manual.
I'd just use that until something more reasonable shows up on ebay...

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,863 Posts
I agree with Steve, if you're going to spend money (which you don't have to with the link Steve provided above) at least try to find used SERVICE manuals....

Bob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts