Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1998 3000gt VR4 with 105,000 miles. I've been reading and researching about Electronic boost control solenoid and Electronic boost guage. I recently purchased the Turbosmart Eboost 2. I have read many ways on how to install them but I have a few more questions.

Question 1. When installing a Mac boost solenoid do I KEEP or REMOVE OEM boost solenoid.

Question 2. If you disconnect OEM boost solenoid will it throw CEL and will the FAKE Boost Guage inside stop working inside the cabin?

Question 3. What if I install MAC Solenoid and still kept the OEM solenoid plugged in but cap the vacuum hole like it says in the forums is that ok?

Question 4. Has anybody installed a Turbosmart Eboost 2 in there cars and if so do you have pics of your install.

Thanks!

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,120 Posts
Hello and welcome.

1) You can do either, but most people just remove the factory BCS.
2) No, there are no ill effects; factory gauge is based on load (primarily MAFS)
3) Yes, that is fine.
4) Many have installed it, but it is just like any other gauge. The most similar product would be the AEM Tru-Boost which will provide more results upon searching.

-Alan

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
You have a 98 VR4... Why not load Chrome into it and use the OE boost control? You can always swap to a 3 port direct control solenoid if you want to get rid of the stock bleed style control.

And yes, a 98 WILL set a code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers! I will post once it's done! As for loading Chrome....i will get that later down the road. I'm still researching the car and taking notes and tips from all the members on this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts