Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from Barrington tonight, Clint and I ran into a LS1SS in the Stealth. I pulled up on him and paced him for a second.
From 55mph, we both look at eachother, and he hits it first. I was ready for that, and pulled about a half a car to 90. We hit a red light so I rolled down the window.
I asked him if he was hitting it, I really wasnt sure. He said yes. Told me I had a pretty strong car. I asked him to humor me at the light. I didnt think I'd hang with this guy, and that he was toying with me from the roll. He nodded so we waited for green.
We both tach up, light goes green, and for about a tenth of a second he was next to me. After that, I pulled at least two lengths on him from the light. It was cold tonight so not good for him in terms of traction. We shut down about 70, where he was still about two lengths back.
This made my day, mainly because I havnt had a race in months, and it was my first SS!

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
I raced a 00' SS this summer. We went up to 120mph from a stop, twice he was about 2 car lengths back. I was only BPU then not BPU++ yet. Now it'll be a different outcome:D

Black94VR4

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yeah stock I lost to an SS by about a car and a half from 45-80. It wasn't like he ran away from he but he just slowly crawled away (and god wasn't I pissed when he barked into third gear) ... hehe. I've since raced an LS1 Z28 (same car) with my gutted cat/plugs/wires/clutch/flywheel/intake deal and pulled about a car from 70-130. I wasn't expecting that but maybe the SS is more powerful from a roll due to the ram-air or maybe the Z28 was an auto ... both were just pickup races on the road.

Either way nice going ... LS1's are some serious cars straight out of the box (as they should be).

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
Good kill Brian.

Get the new clutch in ? Sounds like it :)

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
A kill on an SS is one to remember. Those cars have lots of legs in them. Holding one off takes a lot under the hood and a good driver to boot. Good job!

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, no clutch yet...Still waiting for delivery from Hans. Thats why I really thought I was about to get dusted that night.

It could have been an A4 wich would give me a better chance, but I still dont know how I held him off with my clutch.

If we had gone past 90-100, I'm sure he'd be pulling me in bad.

Thanks.

·
Grandpa
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Later today, I;m heading to Sanjays so I can throw on new front pads, Gut those damn cats, and throw the test pipe on.

I cannot wait.

·
Big C
1,511 Posts
hey man give me a call after you put that test pipe on so i can hook up your cat, cause i think that i got a deal goin for a dp and i got a bunch of other stuff comin too and hopefully some 1st gen wheels for less then 100, BTW, my clutch is still makin those noises, it's sooooo anoying, if only i could get my dream RPS stage III, BTW there's a group buy goin for RPS II and III on this board so everybody that can get in on it, DO IT!

·
Registered
296 Posts
EVILTWIN said:
Nope, no clutch yet...Still waiting for delivery from Hans. Thats why I really thought I was about to get dusted that night.

It could have been an A4 wich would give me a better chance, but I still dont know how I held him off with my clutch.

If we had gone past 90-100, I'm sure he'd be pulling me in bad.

Thanks.
a4s are a lot better than you think. Go on ls1.com and take a look at there fastest ls1's.

A

·
0 Posts
donny 92 said:

a4s are a lot better than you think. Go on ls1.com and take a look at there fastest ls1's.
Automatics will rule ETs at the track. Street is a little different unless they really have a nice TC for energy.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
AHROUN ? IS ALIIIIIIVE???

A

·
0 Posts
Space Coyote said:
AHROUN ? IS ALIIIIIIVE???
INDEED IT IS SO!!! I'd ICQ yo ass, but the Idiot Technician group shut down ports 1015 and up. Get some YAHOO Messenger! That sneaks through. :)

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Ahroun said:

INDEED IT IS SO!!! I'd ICQ yo ass, but the Idiot Technician group shut down ports 1015 and up. Get some YAHOO Messenger! That sneaks through. :)
You DO know that you can specify individual ports now in ICQ and AIM, right? Namely 21 (ftp) and 23 (telnet). :) Try that and tell me how it works. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts