Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It feels all weird when the rear steering kicks in coming out a sharp curve. Is there any way to lower the speed at which it gets activated from 35mph (?) to, say, 20mph?

Don't know much about how the rear steering works on our cars, have a good link?

Thanks!

·
*Insert Evil Laughter*
3,141 Posts
Wow.. that's an interesting one.. sorry. no help here.. just along for the thread. My AWS is shot.. someday I'll look into replacing it... but it seems to be the one systm nobody knows about.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
580 Posts
thats a good idea too bad i dont know shit about the system.
but im just gonna tag along for this thread its an intresting concept...

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
here's another interesting question - i have heard that if you remove the ECS struts, you lose aws since the same computer controls both. anybody know if this is true - it still feels like it works.
matt

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Joe G would probably know. He's done a lot of research on the removal of the AWS system, may have come across info like that.

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
it works on cintrifical force... the force moving to the outside when you go around a corner... that's what makes it turn... the fluid gets pumped from the rear diff. www.stealth316.com has a nice write up on the aws system

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
valheru said:
here's another interesting question - i have heard that if you remove the ECS struts, you lose aws since the same computer controls both. anybody know if this is true - it still feels like it works.
matt
The ECS system has nothing to do with the AWS system. See the STIM for info on exactly how these systems work.

http://www.stealth316.com/2-stim.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts