Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed eibach or any other brand (RSR) on their base 94-96 3KGT...I know there
was a thread about it earlier..but I am curious to find out the following

1) How much the car was lowered ..whats your tire size..
2) Any differene between the brands...
3) How difficult was the installation etc.
4) Is it really worth the $s?

Its costing me $235 (includes CA tax and S&H) with the alignment kit..

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey, hope you haven't bought those springs yet. Tirerack.com has some H&R sport springs for your car for 109 bucks. They lower the front and rear an inch. I have a friend with a heavily modified BMW M3 which he autocrosses and doesn't lose with, and he said he uses H&R springs. Good luck.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'll say it again.... get the ground control adjustable coil-overs!!! I LOVE those things! What is the ride height? YOU PICK!!! Just adjust them to what you want!!! Want a softer ride? Tell ground Control that you want a street setup that's comfortable... they'll give you softer springs!... Want to run your car on the track? Tell em' they'll give you spring rates more suited for track running! Read my write-up on the ground control coilovers on my website.... it explains alot about them and the tricks I used in installing them. They cost more than standard springs but they are well worth it!!!

Jose Soriano
[email protected] www.linkline.com/personal/amahoser

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
i installed eibach's on my 92 sl:
1-they lowered my car about 1 1/4", looks much better without the fender gap. my tire size is 225/55/16(factory)
2-don't know any difference in brand, but eibach's are supposed to be good.
3-it took me a good day but i had never done this before so there was some time just figuring out what to do. easier if you have a spring compressor to get the stock springs off. overall, the installation was easier than i thought.
4-if increased performance is what you are looking for then yes the relatively small amount of money is worth it. handles like it's on rails, if you don't mind having a stiffer ride. i hear it is a good idea to upgrade your tires and wheels to plus one or plus two with the benefit of having low profile tires; since the sport springs give your tires better contact with the ground there is more sidewall flex. so if you have lower profile tires it helps reduce this sidewall flex.
i'm not sure yet if i'm going to do it on my vr4, the ride might be a little to stiff for my taste, and we have shitty roads here in lawrence kansas so i get alot of clunking noises when i go over sharp bumps at low speeds(makes my car sound junky). who knows, i'll probably change my mind since it does make the car look so much better!
my $.02 kcalvanovr4

[This message has been edited by kcalvano (edited January 04, 2000).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts