Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Louisiana 3/S (LA3S)

22K views 433 replies 29 participants last post by  Blue3kGTSL 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread will be the OFFICIAL start of a Louisiana 3S chapter.

:mitsu:Welcome to LA3S:dodge:​

Rolland and I have been trying to get this going for quite some time, even before i came in to push Rolland closer, lol. We (..mainly YOU guys) have recently been going to unofficial meets, thats fine and all, but that will change soon as we will have OFFICIAL meets. Lets start a list of members while you're here. Just post up your information and we will add it here to the list and hopefully we can get something together. If you would like to you can PM me or post your personal information, such as email and or phone number, we would like to gain enough membership to have an OFFICIAL meet, but this will take time. If you know anyone with a 3/S in your area please refer them to this thread. Example: I ran into a guy that came in Advanced Auto Parts where i work who is currently rebuilding a 1st gen VR4, i told him to get on 3si, my Username, and that we're trying to get the local going.

When everything is said and done, we will (probably) have shirts, coffee mugs, mouse pads, (SMALL!!! lol) stickers, and basically anything you want if we can get our hands on it.

License plate frame idea:

*We are in the process of creating a website for this group with information, pictures, and videos. Website should be up in upcomming weeks (11/22/09)*

*Thanks goes to guys in the MS3S thread for letting me use the Info to base this thread off of.*

Members: (i will update as you add)

1. Rolland - ProwlerGT - (1995 3000GT) - Laplace
2. Benn - Blue3kgtsl - (1994 VR4) - Lutcher
3. Marshall Taylor - Marshall Taylor - (1995 VR4) - Slidell
4. Andrew Lawson - Linebckr49 - (1993 3kGT Base) - Uptown New Orleans
5. Michael - Michaeljl87 - (1992 Stealth R/T TT) - Baton Rouge
6. Brandon - Project-blackout - (1995 SL) - Baton Rouge
7. Bill - Billbrown72 - (1992 VR4) - Zachery
8. Peter - Petertit - (VR4) - Baton Rouge
9. John - supernaturalracing - (1992 3000GT VR4) - Shreveport
10. - ghawbrey - (1993 3000GT VR4) - Lafayette
11. Gary/Alex - sfc711 - (1998 3000GT SL) - Alexandria
12. - kenarm88 - (1997 3000GT) - Hammond
13. - wh1teonr1ce - (1996 3000GT) - Hammond
14. Daniel - jfdr6911 - (96 VR-4 & 91 RT/TT) - Florida (Moving to LA)

Please Note: I will be updating this First post from time to time, so keep your eye on it.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Na, we had a thread on a local site..but the thread got invaded by the local people that dont own 3/S's and insisting that they're dsms.. :shake:

#3 ·
PM Marshall Taylor - Marshall Taylor - NO
PM Andrew Lawson - Linebckr49 - NO

#7 ·
hell no there isn't a stock thing in his hood, well atleast damn close. drummer11 & I (MS3S)are happy you could borrow some of our OP. Lets post on up with each other and exchange ideas on how to reach out to people. best of luck guys

#8 ·
Besides Marshall Taylor is a super guy. We were going to try and get him since he's so close to us but he'd be a great one for you guys in LA. I seriously doubt he'd turn you down.

#10 ·
Hello LA3S,

It is great to see you are trying to set up a LA chapter. Thanks DuTTch for bringing the group to my attention.

I just returned from the NG09 in Memphis. It was an awsome experience. We have some members in the 3SI forum that are super people with some super cars.

I received a pleasant surprise at the NG09. My car was voted 3rd "Best Overall 2nd Generation". I had no idea my car was good enough to be recoginzed due to the quality of cars that were there. My sincere thanks goes to all of the judges. They worked very hard in 100 degree (F) temperature on Bealle Street at the car show.

I look forward to moving forward with a LA3S Chapter.

Marshall

#12 ·
About time Ben! Yea our thread on NOSR was demolished. You can add me. Im sure Bill and Peter will chime in shortly as well. Also Bill and I, and maybe Peter are going to No Problem this Sat for midnight madness if anyone is interested shoot me a pm. I am located in Baton Rouge right by LSU, and also New Orleans when I go visit the parents which is just about every weekend.

#13 ·
friggen car's still not ready....if i didn't have such a crazy work schedule i'd being doing myself.plus after doing the turbo swap kinda wanted keep my hands out of engine bay for a while....
told guy working on it if anything put back together with just tuneup and injectors so i can make tommorow night but it still stands to be seen if that happens..
been a while since made a track night but i'll definately let you and peter know by tommorow if my car can go!

#18 ·
tune up and the 510 injectors will be done by tommorow night.....i get off of work wendsday at 5:30 pm and will probaly head straight to test and tune, which will put me there around 6:30-7 depending on traffic..
only problem is front mount will not be on.
also will make a few runs but this test and tune will be truly that----testing"logging each run" and then tuning in the new injectors and playing with the fuel pressure...
hopefully the temps will let everyone get half way decsent times and also i'm hoping to get it tuned to some descent numbers...
front mount will be on soon, can't wait really wanting to just crank the boost up but i know with the 100 degree weather heatsoak is a bitch right now....
who alls up for test and tune wendsday night?

#19 ·
hey Benn tell prowlergt i would be more than happy to contribute some funds for servertime for new site....me and another friend are starting a site and i think go-daddy has some good plans with plenty of bandwidth for pretty cheap!

#22 ·
yes no problem.....gates open at 5 but they start running from 6-10....been a while since ran car hopefully can get a couple good logs in and have a descent tune after a couple runs

#30 ·
I'm probably going to be getting to no problem around 6:30. You guys can make fun of my paint job. Haha. I'm in the process of painting it now and don't have time to paint it all at once so I have a half black and half red car. I should be finishing most of it this weekend though. I wish I had some pics from when I first bought my 3000. It was pretty rough. The previous owner had no respect for the car, but it's come along ways and starting to look good.

#43 ·
sorry.....yes i was having issues.....first after front mount install i kept blowing intercooler pipes off like micheal said, one of which i blew off at the I10-I12 split on the way to no problem wends night...also temp kept creeping up....i thought it was because of the front mount being in front of the radiator..
both problems are fixed.....had to take most of the piping off and run a thin thin layer of rtv then clamp down and abra-cadabra no more pipes have blown off!!!!!!!
second issue was caused by my oil cooler was turned sideways and not getting no air......
when i got off from work saturday morning i drove to florida and pushed my car pretty hard and had no pipe issues and no overheating.....i am so ready to tune now and dyno it to see what its got......
thanks Peter for driving to no-problem, getting there, then turning right around and coming to check on me......95-3kgt, man i'm sorry we all need to exchange phone numbers so this won't happen again......
both you and Peter the next time i can go to a test and tune and both of you can make it the entry fee is on me!
95-3kgt my phone number is 225-405-5848 so this won't happen again

#45 ·
It's cool man, I'm glad you got it fixed. I actually thought about calling you bc I remember you gave me your number before, but I never put it in my phone. I have it now though and mine is 225-721-3919.

I was driving home from work last night and my car suddenly got loud as hell and was backfiring real bad. I pulled over and traced the noise to my downpipe where I found a hole in it the size of a quarter!! The bracket that holds the downpipe onto the car had ripped off the downpipe leaving a hole. That's what I get for buying a cheap downpipe I guess. I'm gunna order a new one today, probably from 3sx.

#46 ·
damn that sucks......last wends test and tune Peter got there around 7:20 and i was about 45 min behind him because of working late....it really sucks after doing all this work,spending all the time and effort upgrading, that i friggen break down on the way to the track!
on a positive note my car is running beautifully....saturday morning i got off of work at 5:30 am went home took a shower and got on the road to our beachhouse in florida.......after i went through Hammond a dark porsche cayenne turbo started f$$%ing with me......i didn't want to push mine to hard because it would have been a real bitch to track down and fix a blown off intercooler hose if it popped off....this jackass kept flying up on my bumper then would get beside me and goose it then slow down, then fall back behind me because i had my cruise set at 85.....after crossing into mississippi he started again, but i reached down put my ebc on high (set to hold 18psi), when he got beside me and floored it,so did i and it was a beautiful,beautiful sight watching that son of a bitch in my rear view getting smaller and smaller. I let up at 140 and he never even attempted to come up on me again,staying about 8 car lengths behind all the way to the Mobile tunnel....
after that i knew my pipes were on good,my car never overheated also...
starting this morning i started tuning high throttle and the 510 injectors and fmic my car seems to really like....I actually had to turn down the fuel pressure to raise my idc's....
hopefully within the next few weeks micheal,peter,3kgt,Benn and I can all meet up at no-problem and run our cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.