Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!
Today my engine ('91tt, 100k) started this awful knocking noise!Not on idle but around 2000-2500 rpm in first and second gear ,sounds like something got loosen . It comes from under the plenum picks up around 2500 rpm and last till 3500-4000 and dies , only if i push the gas pedal if it's reving down nothing.I hope it's not the rod , but if it's how much would it cost , can you do it yourself,and how to do it !
Thank you guys ! I need help now don't wanna drive the car , but no other !!!
Lajos

·
Registered
832 Posts
Just to make sure, do a search on lash adjuster tick and see if some of the descriptions sound like what you have. I hope it nothing bad man. Good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did search for hours before posting the thread .This noise is too loud and comes on higher rpm instead of idle. i'm affraid it's a spun rod, but hope never dies and don't want to take it to the service yet bc the f^%&$.you up!
Thanx anyhow !
Still need input !:confused:
Thanx guys !
LAJOS

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
If it's a knocking sound then it's doubtful that it's lifter tick.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know this will sound strange, but I had something wierd like that as well, and it went away when I poured a bottle of that Chevron Fuel Injector cleaner in the tank... it kinda faded out and has never returned.

ConFed

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't hurt so i'll try the injector cleaner.
The worst thing is that i wasn't driving the car hard and this noise just came up .When i checked i noticed that the oil was low about 1 liter , but the oilgauge didn't show any different ( i really watch those gauges and there was no sign of running low in oil)
I hope i don't have to remove the engin eto replace the rod bearins and crank !
Thanx guys!
Still waiting more experince with simular problems!
Lajos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts