Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that sometimes there is a large puddle of water under the car when I leave after parking for a little while (so the water has not had time to evaporate). I always assumed that it was just the massive compressor or something with lots of condensation. Is this right or could my water pump be leaking? Wouldn't there be coolant in the water if the water pump was leaking?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If it is just plain water it would have to be condensate, presumably from the AC compressor. If it were the water pump you'd find coolant, same would be true if it were from the radiator, overflow or anything else in the cooling system.

This assumes that you are not putting plain water into anything in the car ( windshield washer tank, radiator, radiator overflow).

Chris
1994 VR4

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did add plain water to the washer fluid resevior, who knows what was in there. I also added distilled water to the coolant system, but there was plenty of green antifreeze already in there.

I guess it is just the AC Compressor condensation, but there sure seems like a lot. maybe a cup or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts