Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Crazy Biscuit
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fucking lost my last fucking set of damn fucking car keys. I'm pissed as shit, i looked everywhere. The first set got lost a year ago, the spare key my sister lost, and now i lost the only set i had. How much is it to get a new key cut out and remote? Can mitsu make me a key from the vin number or will i have to change the ignition switch and locks? This sucks ass.:mad:

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
that sucks man. the mitsu keys are about $10 each. They CAN be cut from your vin. Dont let them lie to you, it CAN BE DONE!

I'm not sure about the remotes because I am not cool enough to have keyless entry :p

WEll, maybe they will turn up.

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
Can't a locksmith make you a new copy? Then for the Mitsu type key go buy a blank key and get it cut.

·
Registered
727 Posts
shoulda got a copy made when you were down to your last set :( ...i know this isn't helpful...oh well...

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
It's no biggie to have new keys made from your VIN. Any decent Mitsu dealer can do it.

Keyless entry will require them to either reprogram your car or program a new keyless to your car's specs. Not sure which they will do as I am under the imression that either can be done.

Whole thing should be under a hundred bucks, I'd think. By the way, get an extra set of keys done at the same time :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
just get new keys made and take this time to get an aftermarket alarm installed...250 installed for the viper or sidewinder system...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well get it for 8 dollars here, and if you have an extra copy from Ace Hardware, or any hardware store for like 2 bucks.

·
Crazy Biscuit
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude, it's 80 bucks for the remote, and probably like 30 for a key. then theres a 100 labour charge to program remote. Plus, i can't get the car to them for them to program it, i have no fucking keys to move the car. Anyone know how to hot wire??

·
Crazy Biscuit
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mystic_Stealth said:
Well get it for 8 dollars here, and if you have an extra copy from Ace Hardware, or any hardware store for like 2 bucks.
What?? get what for 8 dollars from where? and if i have an extra copy of what from ace for like two bucks?? huh?? elaborate a little please, hehe.

·
Registered
682 Posts
HAHAHAHA!!!!:p :p :p You lost your keys!! Sorry, you always pick on me so now here's my chance.....:D :D :D Hope you find them before friday. Or we won't be able to build your sub box!!!!:( :(

·
Crazy Biscuit
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I FOUND MY KEYS!!!!!!!! wooohoooo, what a releif. i don't have the money for new ones, and i was all worried. YESS. i was talking with Matt, and we always make jokes about shit and strip clubs and stuff, then i remembered, i had forgotten at the club. I called the strip club, and they are there, YESSSSSSSS!! I haven't driven my car in 8 days, 9 days tomorrow. I can't wait, yesssssss, hehe, what a releif.

·
F15 - The Fastest 1/4mile
913 Posts
MAKE A COUPLE OF SPARES RIGHT NOW!!
Glad you found em! :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Crazey said:

What?? get what for 8 dollars from where? and if i have an extra copy of what from ace for like two bucks?? huh?? elaborate a little please, hehe.
I can get the black plastic mitsu key for 8 dollars, and I went to an hardware store and had a metal key made for about 2 dollars.

·
Registered
151 Posts
by the way, I got the plastic key from the dealer here in Hawaii, and I had the hardware store make a copy from the key that I already had. You can get almost any key made at a hardware store.

·
reason for tickets.......
1,039 Posts
WOW!

·
reason for tickets.......
1,039 Posts
WOW! I think this might have posted twice on accident... my bad. Anyway, I have a little predicament. For some reason, when I bought my car, I have two keys that say stealth on them, that work in my ignition. Now... These two keys don't work in anything else, not the glove compartment, hatch, or either door. Did Dodge/Mitsu make different keys for the doors/ignition. Or did the previous owner get a new ignition and buy keys somewhere that say "Stealth" on them... So I guess my question is, how much do you guys think it would cost to get a key cut to my VIN, that would hopefully fit in my doors.

·
Crazy Biscuit
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My sisters old old saturn came with a plastic spare key when it was new, is what what you're talking about? My car came with two remotes, and three keys. One of the keys worked on everything but the glove compartment, and it didn't have the black handle to it. Anyway, i'm gona get me another copy made just in case, hehe. ANd get that code or plastic key from mitsu if i can. Thanks people.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
><i>These two keys don't work in anything else, not the glove compartment, hatch, or either door.</i>

As the second owner of my 1991 R/T, the first owner gave me two of the "Stealth" black plastic keys (the two that came to him with the car when it was new). Both work in everything - ignition, two doors, hatch, and glove box.

BTW, if we can get replacement blanks from the dealer for 10 bucks, how come a blank was recently on ebay for 50 bucks?

·
Crazy Biscuit
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think it's because somebody stupid was trying to sell it to someone else who is stupid for 50 bucks. which leads me to say that stupid people should not have sex, they should keep their stupidity to themselves. If they insist on having sex, have sex with animals, and even then, use a comdom, Preferable an animal that is smarter than them, that way, if by any biological fluke they have offspring, the odds are, the offspring will be less stupid then them.

Ok, seriously though, lol. I just got off the phone with my local mitsu dealer. He said "two fitty". I was like "TWO HUNDRED????. He said no, $2.50 for either an uncut or a cut key. You can give htem your vin, and for 2.50, the'll cut you a key, or just get the blank key for 2.50. That was for a 1996 3000GT. So i figure it's the same price for all other cars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts