• 2nd generation

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Iwas wondering what your guys opinions on looks were. I am debating between the looks of the ist or 2nd generation vr4's. Just wanting to see what all your opinions are. Thanks, Derek

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
3rd gen! hehe. no there are a lot of things that i like about both of them

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
I like the 3rd Gen the best, IMO... I think the 4th gen's (aka 99) nose is too long.

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
oops I guess I was thinking about the 4th gen. the 99. I actually think that the 3rd gen is the worst. I don't like the way the nose looks. I like the 2nd and 3rd gen a lot better.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
3rd gen is my most favorite one.

·
Detroit RiceCop
659 Posts
I don't like the curved spoiler on the 97' and 98' VR4. The 1st gen has its pluses with the Italian vents on the side scoops and the front intercoolers, it has a Testerossa look to it. But the front end isn't the coolest in my opinion. The first Gen Stealth R/T has a sleeker front end The second gen VR4 has a cool front end. The 99' looks the coolest all around in everything. I know some hate it, but I like the rear end plastic vent peice on the 99'; and you can't beat the 99' combat wing, I think that's the best looking factory wing on any vehicle to date.

·
*Insert Evil Laughter*
3,141 Posts
I like the VR-4 spoilers on the first gen better than those high wing things.. but as you can tell already.. this is a highly personal decision to make... I'd just suggest getting good pictures of each kind you are looking at... sitting down and smoking a J.. and meditating on them :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'd say... first gen + 99' front but with pop up lights ... :confused: is it even possible :confused:

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1,107 Posts
I like the body and wing design of the 97/98. The wing on the 99 is pure rice IMO. But I luv the side skirts on the 91-93.

·
Ex-Owner
1,284 Posts
i like the 1st gens. IMO, the ferrari stle side shirts with the pop-up lights and the intercoolers look damn sweet. I think the hood "bumps" look cool, (not too many people do though:( )

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
1st gen. I'm biased b/c I own a 1st gen, but the pop ups kick ass!

R

·
0 Posts
Damn, my car is going on 11 yrs old and people still stare and point.....

I went to the good guys car show a few weeks ago and as I was trying to park my car this guy was pointing and saying to his dad "Hey, there's a vr4, there, right there" all excited.

Driving around little kids press thier faces on SUV windows as I drive by, pointing at times with a smile on thier face.

Damn, It's 11 yrs old, I paid $6300 for her and get more reaction then having a new $50k+ vette (well...from some people anyway)

Of course I have put $6k in her so far and am putting $3-4k more soon....then she will be crazy fast, just like she looks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts