Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, its crimmus time and i have some money.

What i'm going to do, covert my base to TT.

What i need to know.. would it be cheaper to buy a TT engine and do a swap or buy the parts i need to put turbos on my DOHC.

I've already got it worked out where someone it going to install everything for free.

My DOHC right now has 80k miles on it, runs strong as hell.

How much would the TT engine cost me if i bought it?
and how much would (aprox) would all the parts cost me if i just added on to my engine.

Does anyone sell Turbo kits???

This whole thing is going to be a back yard project so i need info now so we can get started.

thanks

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pffft

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
J-spec TT would probably be the easiest route. If they don't require a core, you could keep your motor or part it out for $. You might want to look into a 5 speed swap too.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i always thought j-specs were a bitch to find and they cost $4k??

i called the junktyard yesterday and they found one of a 94VR4, the were only asking $1600 for it (engine has 75k miles)

BUT BUT BUT BUT

I was searching through autotrader and found me a 92 TT for $8k with "VERY low miles"

Tommorow i'm going to call that dealership and see if we can work out some kind of trade.

I'm still making payments on my car so i dont know how this will work. I just know the book on my car here is 12-14k, my car is in perfect condition so i'll say its worth around 13k. I can probably talk the dealership down some on the price. How in the hell would this work out?? my car being worth more than the one i want?

Heres what i want to happen:

Me give them my 3kgt, they give me their stealth, they pay off the rest of the loan on my 3kgt, they sell my 3kgt for $14k+ , i start making payments on the stealth.. all is well.

Could this happen??

BTW - DONT GO SEARCHING ON AUTO-TRADER FOR THE CAR I MENTIONED, I WANT IT!! :D :D :D (i'm serious)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts