Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the ETACS pinout? I'm looking for a wire that will close the windows regardless of how long the car has been off (no 30-sec timer), and preferably both windows.

thanks!

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
The only way to manipulate the power windows is at the motor in each door. There are 2 wires going to the motor. Connect them one way (+ and -) and the motor will go down. Connect them the other way (- and +) and it will go up.

Your add-on piece will have to duplicate this. It's the same as some door lock circuits.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. I don't think you're right though. You can hook it up to the wires going to the switches in doors, but in order for it to work even after 30 seconds have passed since you took out the key, you also have to activate the wire coming out of etacs that activates the relays. else you could fool etacs into "thinking" the key in the ignition by putting 12v on the ign wire while you're simulating pressing the window up or down button.

here's a wiring diagram:
http://www.ecanfix.com/users/manualcd/gift/3s/powerwindow_doorlock_wiring.pdf

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
If you do it <i>my</i> way, you're powering the windows directly and it doesn't matter what the rest of the car is doing.

Doing it this way you have to run new wires into the doors but you don't have to do anything with the ETACS.

·
Electrical Whiz
1,767 Posts
you guys are talking about the etacs controlling the windows, what does it do to the windows and how does it work?

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
It can only turn things on and off. The ETACS does not handle the acutal up/down movement of the windows. It's what gives them the 30 seconds of power after the key is turned off.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, ETACS controls the relays. With windows, the way it works is ETACS activates a relay (by grounding the one wire going to the it) that turns on the "main window switch" which then takes inputs from the door switches and activates the motors.
ETACS is simple, all it's inputs and outputs are 12V or ground. nothing digital.

·
Advanced Tech?
5,509 Posts
bump from the dead becuase i am trying to use power windows without my etacs unit(95 vr-4). at the moment my power windows do not work, but it seems that if i splice and ground out wire 5 from connector C65-1 and wire 7 from connector C65-2, i can run my power windows. alternately, it seems like i can ground out wire 16 on connector E32. can anyone confirm this?

·
Electrical Whiz
1,767 Posts
i3igpete said:
bump from the dead becuase i am trying to use power windows without my etacs unit(95 vr-4). at the moment my power windows do not work, but it seems that if i splice and ground out wire 5 from connector C65-1 and wire 7 from connector C65-2, i can run my power windows. alternately, it seems like i can ground out wire 16 on connector E32. can anyone confirm this?

wow, i can't beleive that i posted in this thread back in 2002 asking what an etacs was, lol. But from what i can tell if you ground out the blue/yellow wire number 7 on c65, it should activate the windows relay. Only downfall i see is that by grounding the relay the windows remain powered as long as its grounded regardless of the ignition being on or off. But if you are handy with relays you can wire up a relay to your ignition so that the relay sends a ground to the window relay only when ur ignition is on.

·
Advanced Tech?
5,509 Posts
update!

yes, this mod will work. i have removed my etacs sucessfully and retained my dome light function and power windows. two wires must be grounded on the larger (C65) connector.
dome light: red-green wire
power window: blue-yellow wire

another update:

apparently i forgot that stupid-ass mitsubishi put lights in the window buttons, which always stay on when the window relay is powered. i just want to get rid of this goddamn thing and clean up the wiring in my car and somehow it's connected to everything.
:flip1::mitsu:

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,967 Posts
Bump, Did you ever figure out how to get rid of the ETACS and wiring plus keep what you want functional and not drain the battery? (just remove the little lights in the switches?)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,967 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Kinda figured that was the direction you went. It seems integrated into everything and I don't really want to do a full wire from scratch.

Guess I'll just attack the wiring for abs, srs and anything else I can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts