Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a pic of a 3000GT, 1G, red and had gunmetal grey powder coated wheels. Actually I think the center was grey and the outer trim was still silver. Does anyone know thsi members name or get me a picture of the car with the wheels.

Thanks,

AustinGT

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
elektrobeatz,

Clean car, but you are not the one I am looking for. Thi s car is red, exhaust and 17" VR-4 rims like the one attached. They are powdercoated grey in except for the outer ring (which is left silver.)

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
elektrobeatz said:
What kind of rims are those? They look exactly like my motegi mr7s. What happened to the label on the spoke? Heres a close up of my wheel.

Attachments

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
austinGT - that last image you linked looks like stock wheels to me. Thats not the color you are talking about is it? Cause thats what the bases and SL's [and vr4s (before 93)] all looked like. They didnt have chrome. Maybe I'm not seeing the pic right.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yeah they look almost alike! They are Konig Tantrums powdercoated metallic glimmer (gray). The MR7's don't come in a large enough offset in a 17 incher to fit the 2nd gen VR4 callipers, so I had to do it this way :) The label is gone because they had to be removed before sandblasting and then powdercoating! Man if your car was black it would look just like mine haha

Jdawg82 said:

What kind of rims are those? They look exactly like my motegi mr7s. What happened to the label on the spoke? Heres a close up of my wheel.

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awild,

Those are the stock wheels. The picture I am looking for is of those wheels that are painted grey. I want to change my wheels with the stock 17" and maybe have them painted if I can find this picture and see how they look.

AustinGT

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
search for powelsounds newest thread, and just look in his sig.

Ahhh forget it, I'll post the pic as long as he wont kill me for it

·
glows green
1,054 Posts
eddies car looks nice

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THAT'S IT! Thanks guys. Does anyone know what kind of wheels those are. They aren't stock, but they look similar to the ones on powelsounds car.

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
I think I spoke to that owner once and they are stock. They are a second gen base or SL wheel that was powdercoated.

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think those are spyder wheels, now that I am looking at them.

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
They're from a '94 VR-4.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
My sig is photoshop'd. I painted them last night. Here are some pics. The camera is a POS.:mad:

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Those are exactly what I want to have done to the one I want to buy:

Can someone photoshop those on my car? I would like to see how it would really look.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.