Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
18,387 Posts
Not sure how well you can see it, but I found this to be a fairly convenient spot. In and out were on the bottom of the valve.
This was from an SBCi-D controller.
Same place in my 92 TT. :)

Reactions: DRIFTIR

· Registered
1994 Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR
303 Posts
I don't have any photos, but you can mount it neatly on the firewall.

Otherwise, I mean, it technically doesn't need to be mounted anywhere, just the lines secured onto the solenoid.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Reusing the mount bolts for the solenoid rack is a good idea. I'd like to use a bracket, but I am not crazy about drilling/taping the firewall.

· Registered
1994 Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR
303 Posts

18,387 Posts
That’s the way to do it right here.
I'm not so sure.
Unless I'm not seeing it right, he's used ZIP TIES.
That's not the way I roll.....

Bob.

18,387 Posts
I honestly don't recall, but I believe when I installed my valves, I re-used one of the holes that was already in the firewall.
I may have drilled one hole for a large self tapping bolt.
I do remember that I used rubber washers behind the valve so it was as cushioned as possible.

I you choose to use that location, at least make a bracket that utilizes those holes for the solenoids and still properly mounts whatever valve you have/choose.
Rubber washers, I thought, was a good idea.

Zip ties are NOT fasteners. Their intent is for aiding in the bundling of "things" (usually wiring).

Don't half-a$$ it.

Bob.

· Registered
727 Posts
I've never really thought about it, don't think I've ever seen a thread about it.

Anyway, here's mine, bolted to a bracket bolted to the original rubber mounted bracket:

I know the vacuum lines aren't secured or pushed on all the way. Don't judge me.

· Chief Exec.
957 Posts
First off, my Zip ties were crafted from the fires or Modor and made using Uru metal.

Holy geez Bob for a guy who says hes old you sure have 20/20 visión I couldn't see that I left the zip ties attatched on the picture i sent. I had to pop the hood to the car to see it and I'm 35. Lol think I need glasses now.

To answer the op question I used the zip ties to hold the Mac controller in its place while I ran the hoses. I didn't want my vaccume hoses bending to much on either side just because i placed the controller to far or to close one way or the other. The zip ties let me move it around while installing. I then got heavy duty construction adhesive made from rubber that holds up to 35 pounds and just attatched it to the fire wall and controller.

I definitely like the way it looks with the brackets though too. Those look pretty cool especially with all the cool colors.

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,098 Posts
Think I have also found a remedy to mounting options cheap to

Should fit directly where the OEM boost solenoid goes and spaced far enough out to give vacuum hose space away from other firewall solenoids think this is gonna be my option I'm going with minus the lower rear bushing

Once upon a time ther was a Turbosmart boost T that sat there

1 - 20 of 26 Posts