Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The U-shaped part. Broken when bought the car. Can’t find one anywhere. Hoping that someone has one for sale!

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
i have one...text me at 313-378-0034.

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
If you call around your local salvage yards you might be able to get lucky and find a 3000 or two. Maybe pick up some other random pards for next to nothing. That's wjat I did looking for some other parts recemtly. Thehe striker isn't usually removed when they take the glove box out because it's not attached to the actual glove box and they usually don't take out the top portion of the box because that's attached to the dash, they just usually remove the bottom portion and leave that striker which can easily be removed with a Phillips head screwdriver And imo if they didn't want to take it must not be worth anything to them.

But only worth the time I'd ya need a few parts.

Peace

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,456 Posts
Sounds like its LOCKED....
Have you tried using your key to see if you can "UNLOCK" it?

Bob.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,456 Posts
Ok. Sorry.
My guess is the previous owner caused the issue and decided to just reach in with a small saw blade and cut it open"
Can you tell if the striker was "broken" or "cut".
Meh, I guess it doesn't matter at this point....

You can take the box out, but there are some tricky parts... Stealth 316 - Glovebox Removal

Might not be the cheapest option.... MITSUBISHI 3000GT DODGE STEALTH GLOVE BOX DOOR ASSEMBLY MB 604358 Twin turbo VR4 | eBay

I would check the PARTS FOR SALE section and check for part outs.

This guy (Patrick) is AWESOME and has helped me numerous times.... 91 stealth RT TT part out!!! 100k miles

Bob.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Hey think I may have a black box with working internal clasp and "pinch opener". If still in need shoot a pm and I'll check my storage closet.

Peace

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey think I may have a black box with working internal clasp and "pinch opener". If still in need shoot a pm and I'll check my storage closet.

Peace
Alright. I’m going to take mine apart today and see if I can fix myself. If I can’t figure it out I’ll be sure to get in touch with you. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts