Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an EGR valve for my 1994 3000GT VR4 to pass smog. Ive been looking for this part for 3 months, but they are not sold at any parts stores, unless youre willing to pay to have one rebuilt or machined from scratch. If anyone is selling this EGR valve or knows where to get one, please let me know. Thanks!

I also have a 1996 Mistubishi 3000GT for sale (needs a new flywheel)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Pretty sure the pre-obd2 cars all share the same EGR valve. I think I have mine somewhere, I'll look when I get home and let you know.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I definitely have mine off my 92 if rossb cant find his, had to move it last night while working lol.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Found it, there doesn't seem to be a part number directly on the EGR valve itself but it's OEM. I just checked and it does look like MD145323 fits all US DOHC 3000gts from 91 to 95. Do you need the EGR tube that goes from the back of the plenum to the rear o2 housing as well? I think I still have that kicking around too.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's real close, but not the right one. Thanks for checking man, really appreciate it!
The one I need has 2 vacuum line connectors and one threaded hole for the cable connector. (See picture below.) If anyone has one of these, please let me know. Thanks again for your help!

EGR Valve.jpg

·
Money pit owner.
2,739 Posts
you are installing an EGR to be authentic to the factory car? or to pass emissions? I removed my EGR and now my intake is spotless inside.
I'm curious because I've not read anything beneficial about an EGR being on our cars if you are looking for performance.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,982 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
So now I'm confused. I'm not very adept at CAPs(because I could never get it to run), but I'm assuming that the from/up to are the build dates, and not model year, correct? So that would mean that the pre-OBD2 2nd gen cars(94's model year that start with build date 6/1/93) have their own short little run of EGR valves.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,982 Posts
Yes, build dates :)
And that's actually from ASA (not caps)..
Looks like there were 3 different EGR valves.
If there is a supersede for a part, there would be a part number in RED and then the new replacement would be in BLACK below it...

Bob. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reply to sandstone92vr4, or anyone who has egr valve from 91 to 95, California model. Has 2 vacuum lines and one threaded hole for cable connector. This is really urgent as I am already past my registration expiration and need to pass smog to renew. Would really appreciate if you check and get back to me as soon possible. Thanks so much!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts