Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can drag my car in the Long Island, New York area. The car is a 1991 3000 GT SL a/t with a K&N FIPK and 90 -100 shot NOS kit. I want to take a few runs without the NOS shot and then with it to see how much improvement I get. I have tried the NOS a few times on the road and it doesn't seem like I am getting the full effect so only my times will tell. Thanks all for your help.

Adam

P.S. I will be running 93 octane gas

[This message has been edited by Ajabs (edited January 07, 2000).]

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
Adam,
I have really concidered NOS and was worried that it would eat up my car. 91ES 55,000 miles. The extra power sounds great and those annoying V8's would sure be pissed off to see a fly by. Sold a 89vet for my Stealth and would do again in a heart beat but wish I had the power of TT. Anyways please keep me up on your time differences and price/time it took to install. Did you us a shop for safty?? Thanks
[email protected]

J

·
0 Posts
The track he's talking about in Riverhead is just a small oval track. Just figured I'd let you know. I'm still looking for a good place to do 1/4 stuff too.
Jeff Schwartz
1995 Panama Green Pearl VR4
Borla, K&N, and Magnecors

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I found a drag strip so I am gonna try to get times soon. My mentality getting NOS was that it won't eat up the engine unless I ran the thing constantly. Then I thought about how the VR4 has 320 hp stock so that our engines can handle an additional 100 from the 222 stock we put out. Its the same block right? Things to consider are the cost.. It cost about 545 to get the kit and then I had a shop install it for another 225 so it came out to above 800 dollars.. Pretty hefty. Then you have to think about refilling the bottle which costs around 30 bucks.. It runs out after about 2-3 mins worth of runs. Say you have the button down for 10 secs each run, it will give you a good 20 runs. I'll try to keep everyone updated on my times.

Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts