Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
chrome would be cheaper, but looking for either chrome or aem v2. tired of messing with the safc/maft combo. Cant find anyone local to tune it, and im not good at tuning myself lol. Let me know what you have, thanks

·
One fix at a time
8,272 Posts
I’ve got a used AEM v2 but unless you plan on having someone tune it for you in person or remotely, I would advise against it. Chrome would be more simple but you also may need some help tuning it too.

I have a local with a 91-93 to 98/99 adapter harness and 99 SL ecu setup he isn’t going to be using due to returning to stock. He may sell the setup for $550. @LaughnJar is his username here. There may be one or two pins that need repaired on the adapter harness but everything was working otherwise.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh I'm deff having someone else tune it. Even if i go with chrome ill not be doing it. Some things im okay with having someone else do, and tuning is one of them lol. How much would you be talking for aem v2? all sensors ect included? I have to ask, what is the difference between the 99 flashable ecu vs chrome?

·
One fix at a time
8,272 Posts
oh I'm deff having someone else tune it. Even if i go with chrome ill not be doing it. Some things im okay with having someone else do, and tuning is one of them lol. How much would you be talking for aem v2? all sensors ect included? I have to ask, what is the difference between the 99 flashable ecu vs chrome?
$1350 shipped for the ecu only. I don’t have any extra sensors but you can pick up a GM IAT and GM 3 bar map sensor for about $100. The ecus alone new right now are $1900.

The SL ecu is missing some circuitry that the VR-4 ecu has but it’s items that usually aren’t even used. It has no high/lo fuel pump relay which is usually deleted when you hotwire the fuel pump. It doesn’t have a FPR solenoid but that’s deleted with a vacuum reduction. There isn’t a boost solenoid but running a MBC or EBC negates that. If you want ecu controlled boost it would be a deal breaker but most don’t go that direction with Chrome. I may be missing one or two items but that’s basically it. It’s just usually a cheaper option for getting into a flashable ecu than getting a new Jester for $800+. Most used ones aren’t going for less than $550-600 if you can even find them. They’re gone in a heartbeat due to the high demand for them.

I’d go with whichever setup your tuner is most comfortable with and will be around to help with for awhile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts