Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 93 vr4 is just about done in the shop. Luckily I found a mechanic that knows about the car. Sadly he doesn’t have a awd dyno set up and now I’ve been looking and calling all over to
Find a shop that can do a dyno tunea jd my search has been in vain so far. Wondering if any lads down in FL anywhere from broward to Dade county know any places

· ?Mark
24,639 Posts
what system you have to tune? There isnt any shops here in FL that dyno tunes your car. But remotely it can be done with the right system.

· ?Mark
24,639 Posts
In Georgia there is a remote tuner Morgan E, Dunn, not sure what his name is here on 3si . But u can reach him on Facebook if thats an option. I dont know about any AWD dyno shop here in FL that tunes our cars.

Reactions: Chang oil

· ?Mark
24,639 Posts
They are becoming rarer and rarer, people that work on our car and tune it.

· Registered
637 Posts
If you willing to head to Orlando, we have Kings Performance and Performance Destination. Desmond from Performance destination is solid. He has tuned a few 3s. We tuned my friend TD05 VR-4 running AEM V2. Here is a video of Desmond tuning a white 3s running AEM V2, not my friends car.

· ?Mark
24,639 Posts
Find any shops in South FL? I'm in Ft Myers and just bought a 93 VR4 and am looking for a shop.
try best friends automotive in venice, he is old skool 3sx

Reactions: 93VR4Rob

· Registered
32 Posts
As an option, have you considered shipping the car to 3SX Performance Factory in North Carolina? I shipped my '97 VR4 there a few years ago. I didn't have it dyno'd but did have work on the suspension, transmission, drive shaft, etc. Car drove like a new one when I got it back. They did a great job and do have an AWD dyno.

· Registered
663 Posts
When are you looking to have it tuned? I am from New England, but am in the ft myers area often, and we have rented awd dynos nearby. I will be back in ft myers to put a vr4 back together as soon as his engine bay paint is finished, which should be soon. I do a lot of street and dyno tuning on AEM. Just so you know, virtual dyno power/tq numbers are VERY close to the dyno printouts if your logs were taken on a smooth flat road. PM me your contact details if interested, and I will reach out.

· ?Mark
24,639 Posts
When are you looking to have it tuned? I am from New England, but am in the ft myers area often, and we have rented awd dynos nearby. I will be back in ft myers to put a vr4 back together as soon as his engine bay paint is finished, which should be soon. I do a lot of street and dyno tuning on AEM. Just so you know, virtual dyno power/tq numbers are VERY close to the dyno printouts if your logs were taken on a smooth flat road. PM me your contact details if interested, and I will reach out.
wow thats interesting I am near Ft Myers and have not heard about AWD Dynos in the area , not that we have been very active 3S community, I am interested to hear more. Thx.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts