Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93’ Base 3000GT. It currently doesn’t have a stereo, and I wanted to get some recommendations for a new one. I’d like it to be touchscreen and have bluetooth. Double Din of course. Also will I need any extra wiring or dash kits to go along with it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have a '93 Base DOHC N/A 3000GT. I purchased a Kenwood DNR476S from Crutchfield, Kenwood DNR476S. I've had it for a couple years and I love it. The thing that I love the most about it is that it has a micro-SD card slot on the front and I have all my music CD ripped losslessly to digital files and I copy them to various micro-SD cards for play lists. I have one 128 GB card that has over 100 full albums on it. There are other models of the Kenwood that are much more expensive, but the DNR476S has all that I need. It connects to my Samsung cell phone via Bluetooth automatically and I use the phone through the stereo. I also purchased new door and rear speakers and a wireless rear camera from Crutchfield that work with the Kenwood. It comes with a phone microphone that I mounted behind my steering wheel and a GPS antenna that I mounted on my dashboard. I also purchased dash speaker replacements from another supplier, Parts Express, Home. There is also a USB port so that I can plug my phone in to charge it. The Bluetooth is all that is really needed to connect my phone, but I sometimes need to give it a charge and I use the USB port for that. The picture below shows where I put the USB port:

Crutchfield will also supply you with free wiring adapters and a plastic surround that lets the Kenwood fit in the opening without any gaps. I had to purchase the USB outlet/extension shown in the picture that plugs into the USB port on the Kenwood. The micro-SD card slot is in the upper left corner of the Kenwood. My 3000GT originally had the stereo with the CD changer behind the back seat. The micro-SD cards are much easier to keep up with than CD's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts