Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Long term SEA FOAM Results:

• Nope, didn't use it, can't help ya.

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Used it, completely satisfied (ie. car runs better, no lifter tick, etc.)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Used it, pretty satisfied (helped but didn't totally fix the problems I wanted it to)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Used it, it didn't help anything but I still liked it

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Used it, it didn't help and it was a waste of time/money.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Used it, and I think it actually HURT my car (please detail in a response!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a few months back everyone was buying Sea Foam. I didn't jump onto the bandwagon, preferring to wait to see the longer term effects.

Let us know if you used it, or if you didn't... did it help? Hurt? Neither?

Please use the poll and also make COMMENTS!

I gotta do an oil change next week and figured I'd run some thru before I do.

And to clarify, this stuff comes in spray AND liquid, right? And you put it thru the brake booster hole to clean the intake... but you can also put it in the oil before an oil change, right? And also into the gas or something?

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
I used Seafoam about a week ago and I am completley Satisfied. I used it through the Brake Booster Hose and Put Some in my Gas tank. As soon as it got into my Intake I could tell it was starting to clean Because the White Smoke Started to pour out the Exhaust. This week I will be preforming the Intake Treatment with the Deep Creep stuff and Spray it into the Intake through the Throttle Body. I am also gonna put it into my oil about a week before I do an Oil Change.

All in All Good Stuff and I recomend it to all:D

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
I have used it on my motorcycle, Valiant, and the Stealth, and I plan to continue using it. Do a search for my threads about it.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Could someone with a digital take a pic or draw an arrow pointing to the brake boost line. I am thinking of trying it, but paranoid that I will put it in the wrong line.

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
It's the larger diameter hose that goes into the back of the plenum. It's to the right of the throttle body when looking at the engine from the front. If you follow the hose it will bring you to the brake booster which is the large black cylinder on the firewall.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
I know the one you are talking about. Do you just dip the hose into a cup of SeaFoam whille the car is running?

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts

Snapped this about 10 min ago. The Red Arrow Indicated where to remove the Hose from the Brake Boster and the Hose with the Yellow dots is the actual hose incase there was any confusion :)

Also, you can get the kind that get sucked in through the hose and there is the Deep Creep stuff that is sprayed through the Throttle Body.

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
The twin turbo brake booster hose is slightly different :). It's a hard pipe that is mounted to the firewall with a hose that goes from the plenum to the pipe and then from the pipe to the brake booster. There is also a check valve in the hose that runs off of the plenum so you may have to get a different hose to attach to the plenum so you can pour in the seafoam.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thought I'd bring this TTT again... lots of views but not many responses to the polll... :)

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,850 Posts
I responded, but didnt post...so....

I tried it to eliminate lifter tick....followed the instructions to the tee.

RESULT --- SHITOLA!!!!!

A much much better result was obtained using RISLONE.

Just my .02

Bob.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funny how the results are... some people LOVE it, others hate it.

I bought some about 3 hours ago and put it in my oil. About 5/8ths of a can. I haven't had tick since then, I've driven around 30 miles in stop and go and highway, including 3 shutdowns/startups.

I have to say my tick right now is pretty touch-and-go anyway... so it may be coincidence. But when I shut my engine off to put it in, I had tick. When I started it back up, and since then, it's gone.

I haven't responded to my own poll yet, though, it's too early to tell.

BTW Risolone didn't help me at all.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
I added Risoline for the first time. I am going to go about 2,000 miles and use it again at the next oil change. If I still have my tick after the second oil change, I will give SeaFoam a try.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I have 100k miles on my 95VR-4 and the only time I hear it tick is upon startup and if the oil happens tobe a quart low. How is the sea-foam stuff and other traetments going to either cure a bad lifter or one with trapped air? How do you know white smoke out the tailpipe means its cleaning? You could put bleach in the intake and that would smoke white also..

Sam

1 - 14 of 14 Posts