Well the 95 is running again, with a few new mods

8.5 to 1 Ross pistons
Forged rods
368's (ported with 15deg clip)
FMIC
DR street spec cams (212/212)
Street ported heads (stock valves)
DN intake pipe kit

Car seems to be running good, with a nice lump from the cams. I need to get 500 miles on the motor, and then back to the track I go:)

The FMIC is hidden well by the stock stealth front end.... To look at it you would never think this car is as fast as it is:)

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Ah, good news!
So how fast are ya expecting
for quarter mile?
I can't wait to see the 3S running 10's:)
Good luck Matt!

·
Registered
330 Posts
AWESOME NEWS!

Glad to hear that beastly machine is up again... is the new clutch in?

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I hope to run fast:)

10.50 or faster will be nice:) (it better run that fast or I am going to cover it with gas and light it up!), but what I would realy love to see is a trap speed over 135mph

still no Carbon/Carbon twin disk, I think Rob is making them by hand or somthing (with a swiss army knife) lol JK

I just slaped back in the RPS stage 3 that I had in there just to brake in the motor, i will slap in the carbon/carbon as soon as it gets here:)

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Awesome Matt! Not to put any pressure on you but if she does good I may have to invest some $$$ in your heads & cam setup. ;)

So is she "Project Hi-Buck" now? :D I think I'm going to change my personalized plates to "CASH COW"

·
5,179 Posts
Is there a major difference between the 368s and the DR650s while running a lower boost, and is there a kit necessary to install the 368s?

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the only gaines with the 368's over the DR-650's will be in the high boost levels (24+psi), were the 368's will not be making as much heat.(but to date no1 has run as fast with 368's as I have run with DR-650's so we will see) A few mods need to be dun to install 368's but no big deal...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I love the idea of "hiding" the FMIC behind the stock nose....

How much have you done in the weight loss arena with her?

·
5,179 Posts
If I have the DN hardpipe kit can I still install the 368s without buying a new hardpipe kit, and does the turbos need to be relocated? I know I can install the other turbos (with the stock housing)but I dont know about the big ones.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...i am using total seal rings, but not the gap-less 1's (I cant stand them(gap less), I have had them in menny motors over the years and thy suck too much vacuum, and never seat right)

I bumped to 8.5 to 1 to pick up some lo-end grunt, and maybe a few HP on the top

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think all the evil engines get punished by being reincarnated for a future in Matt's shop. :p

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hell ya Matt! Glad to hear it is back on the road :) Break into those 10's!!!

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Yea, it will run tens. Once or twice. Then you know you will need a better clutch.

Btw, i dont remember if i have the gapless or not, do i?

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
so you did all those runs with a full interior! you are the man! did you ever put it on a scale to see what the weight was?

·
West Side!
1,201 Posts
Man, I'm glad to hear it I wanna see that thing in the tens... I'm glad you didn't sell her... yet.
laters,
Gene Crumpler
1992 Stealth ES

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,852 Posts
Matt......

Let wait for the first time slips to name it.
We may have to call it "World's Fastest Stealth"!!!:eek:

Nice work, as usual.

Say hey to Momma:)

Bob.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts