6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dont mess with this beast :) :D ;) :p

notice the sticker yea...I turned rice hehe

-Jeff

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
Why is 1 fog light kinda brighter than the other?
And
Why is the oil dipstick kinda purple?

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
600 dollar hid kit.....hehe I wish

www.autooptiks.com - The 90/130 bulbs I think or maybe the 90/100 I can't remember.

The fog light is a little brighter because I have no clue. It may not have been mounted right when I got the car back. Not sure though....I'll have to check that. I did find a H3 foglight bulb in my glove box from the previous owner - so maybe the one on the passenger side is newer who knows.

-Jeff

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dipstick is white - I think its the camera white filter being off a little bit so it came out sorta purple.

-jeff

·
Registered
689 Posts
whitetiger7654 said:
And
Damn dude he just put up a pic to share man you didnt hav to slam him about it and may be thers something wrong with his light but may be not because maybe there is some fog in front of the one light or something anyway he was just showing us and his dipstick whats up with that man you dont have two get mad at him because the light reflected and may be its not really purple or anything but it just looks like that but it is not because did you ever try takeing pictures at night you no its not that easy or anything if you did you would now that! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Czarcasmus said:

Damn dude he just put up a pic to share man you didnt hav to slam him about it and may be thers something wrong with his light but may be not because maybe there is some fog in front of the one light or something anyway he was just showing us and his dipstick whats up with that man you dont have two get mad at him because the light reflected and may be its not really purple or anything but it just looks like that but it is not because did you ever try takeing pictures at night you no its not that easy or anything if you did you would now that! :rolleyes:
way to go lightpath rules

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
whitetiger7654 said:
And
One light seems brighter than the other for the basic reason of curtisy (sp?)

The left light isnt dimmer, it is just pointed at another angle, similar to the headlights, this way (in america) we do not blind oncoming traffic in the left lane. (inversed in europe)

EDIT: Also, in the later gen cars you can see this, (The ones with the projection headlights)

Pop your hood and look at the Headlight unit, there should be a small vile in there of oil, with a small airbubble (If you dont know what the hell im talking about, imagine a level [mesures if something is straight]).

Now if you look at the right one, there are two marks, and the airbubble floats right in the center of the two marks, verifying that the lights are balanced correctly, and aim straight on.

If you view your left headlight unit, it is a different story. Viewing the vile reveals that the bubble is not centered between the two marks, but is offset slightly.

Side note: Whatever you do, do NOT spin the gears on the headlights to change the pitch or angle of the lights. I had a friend do this. It is almost impossible to correct this without bringing it to mitsubishi and having them re-align the lights.

Bla bla.. enough of me rambling...;)

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never heard that before....but if its true then that is pretty cool...and of course something I would have never thought of.

-Jeff

·
Registered
159 Posts
hehe
well, i'm pretty sure the housings from auto-optiks are E-Code, but oh well, too bad, hehe.

Looks great Darktrail, reminds me of my car :D
I don't really like how the fog lights look dim and yellow when they on with hyper whites, though, I had to replace mine.
If you happen todo that, here's a tip: don't get the 100watt H3's if your H4's are also that high. I did, and now I keep blowing the fog light fuse. You might have more luck though.

·
Total Posts: 1,736,254
3,499 Posts
Czarcasmus said:

That's the longest sentence I've ever seen you write!! :D Dig those calipers too!

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hehe
well, i'm pretty sure the housings from auto-optiks are E-Code, but oh well, too bad, hehe.

Whats that mean??

-Jeff

·
Registered
159 Posts
It has to do with the way the light is diffused through the glass.

There's US Spec (DOT) and European Spec (E-code). I think Euro-spec spreads the light out farther and decreases glare, and US spec focuses the light more straight ahead. I'm not 100% sure though. Don't worry, both are legal.

I noticed that when I'm driving on a lighted road I can't see the light from my own headlights much. But when the road is completely dark, I can see really well, and the light is spread out enough that I don't even need to use my high-beams. I like it.

·
Arizona Cardinals
857 Posts
The flash sig image is nice, but it's kind of large. Some of us are on modems and it isnt fun waiting for your 140kb signature to download. Could you reduce its size by 400% please?

blind26 said:

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
sorry... i havent had the time to recompile the flash... i know a way to cut it down to at least 45 - 60k...

·
2,994 Posts
Dam, I can't believe that wer are discussing why one light is brighter than the other. There are real people out there that have posted real problems. Well, sinc I'm replying, I might as well put in my two cents:D
All possiblities could be correct but more than likey, it is cause one is replaced and the other isn't. Thus different bulbs and differnt lighting. Or it could be a combination of the already stated.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
expensive?!?! naw cheap...especially if one decides to die on me it will be cheap to replace.

I looked since these pics and they are the same brightness and adjusted the same. It was the angle of pics wasn't dead on.....they were taken out from the passenger seat of a Miata so the angle is just a slight off.

Thanks,
-Jeff

1 - 20 of 33 Posts